Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
vickrm

vickrm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to vickrm
Default Problems registering with Callcentric.com

Hi Martin, I have problems to register my Callcentric account with voxalot (my userid is 902830)
Please can you see if this is a voxalot problem or is a callcentric problem?

Callcentric.com17772770723callcentric.comYes-[Edit] [Delete]
vickrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickrm View Post
Hi Martin, I have problems to register my Callcentric account with voxalot (my userid is 902830)
Please can you see if this is a voxalot problem or is a callcentric problem?
Why register at all (and waste the resources for the "registration")? Registration uses a lot of extra resources, so should really only be done if/when there isn't another good way to receive calls.

But in the case of Callcentric, there is an easy way to receive calls, as Callcentric fully "peers" with SIP Broker (which means that VoXaLot is also directly supported via SIP Broker dialing). So instead of "registering" to receive inbound Callcentric calls, why not just use Callcentric's "Call Treatments" to forward your call (for free) to VoXaLot?

Since Callcentric uses **275 to reach SIP Broker (a free forwarding location for Callcentric, and *010 is the SIP Broker code for VoXaLot, and your VoXaLot number is 902830, than a "Call Treatment" to forward to VoXaLot should be as simple as telling Callcentric to forward to: **275*010902830

NOTE: Since (last I checked) **275 is a free calling location for Callcentric, this forwarding (setup on your Callcentric account) should be totally free!
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
voxod

voxod is on a distinguished road

How then would one use webcallback if the callcentric account is not registered with voxalot? And what resources are "wasted?"
voxod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxod View Post
How then would one use webcallback if the callcentric account is not registered with voxalot? And what resources are "wasted?"
Most providers do not require registration to make outbound calls (including web callback) as calls are authenticated on each INVITE.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
vickrm

vickrm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to vickrm
Default Callcentric

Apr 13, 2007 07:20 PM | Customer serviceHello,

We see that the latest IP (64.34.173.199) you registered from resolves to premium.voxalot.com.

At this time we have not received any messages from this IP. However we have placed a SIP trace in our servers for your IP and we will continue to monitor it.

In the meantime you may want to contact Voxalot regarding this IP address and see if they have anything to say about it.

Callcentric customer care answer me this message, please Martin can you test Callcentric registration on my voxalot account (902830)
vickrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Your registration from Voxalot to callcentric looks fine.

However, I think the issue might be that your ATA is registered against eu.voxalot.com and your preferred cluster is us.voxalot.com which is why Callcentric are not seeing your inbound calls from the 64.34.173.199 IP.

So you need to either change your preferred cluster on the member details page to eu.voxalot.com or register your ATA to us.voxalot.com

In other words, make sure both match.

Better still, if you do not require inbounds from Callcentric set SIP Register = "No"

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.

Last edited by martin; 04-14-2007 at 12:33 AM.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2007, 04:05 AM   #7
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
In other words, make sure both match.

Better still, if you do not require inbounds from Callcentric set SIP Register = "No"
And even if the original poster does require inbounds from Callcentric, than "registration" still isn't needed, as Callcentric "Call Treatments" can easily handle the task of receiving inbound Callcentric calls via VoXaLot.

And to answer the OP's question, "registration" is a process that has to keep happening or the registration "expires" (stops working). And that constant "registration process" requires extra bandwidth by Voxalot to maintain (and therefore drives up VoXaLot's costs some). So avoiding "registration" (when it's not needed) helps keep VoXaLot's expenses down.

However, sometimes "registration" is the only way to work with some providers. That's why "registration" is an option that VoXaLot makes available. But in the case of Callcentric, you should be able to do everything you want WITHOUT using the (more "costly") "registration" option. Specifically:

To make outbound calls with Callcentric, just setup Callcentric as a "provider" like you previously did, but do NOT check the "registration" checkbox (on the provider). What will happen, is that everytime you make a call (through VoXaLot) using your Callcentric account, your Callcentric account info (userID and encrypted form of your password) are sent along with your call request. Callcentric then knows its "you", and allows the call to go through (therefore no "registration" needed, and therefore no wasted bandwidth when you aren't making calls).

And likewise, you shouldn't need "registration" (on your Callcentric provider) to allow inbound Callcentric calls to "ring" your VoXaLot account (and therefore ring your VoXaLot connected adapter). As mentioned in a previous message, Callcentric has VERY POWERFUL "forwarding" features that can be controlled by their web site. In particular, the "Call Treatments" feature allows (among it's other nifty "tricks") the ability to forward the call to both other phone numbers and other VoIP providers. And while Callcentric charges (per minute) for forwarding the call to a normal telco number, they will forward to internet VoIP providers "for free" (no charge to you for the "forwarding"). And I already mentioned (in my previous note) the dialing path to reach VoXaLot "for free" from Callcentric is **275*010. i.e. when you are directly using Callcentric, and you want to call someone on VoXaLot, you just put **275*010 in front of the VoXaLot number you want to reach, and Callcentric will complete that VoIP call "for free". And the same "dialing tricks" also works when using Callcentric's "Call Treatments" to "forward" the call to a "number" (in this case your own "VoXaLot number", to "ring your VoXaLot account). Just use the "free dialing pattern" that Callcentric allows for VoIP calls, and the "forward" should be free.

BTW: I know about Callcentric's web portal, as I've had my own Callcentric account for some time. And I do actually use the "Call Treatments" trick to get my inbound Callcentric calls (in my case I use **275*011 for reaching my SIP Broker alias, vs you will be using **275*010 to reach VoXaLot, but the idea is exactly the same). And when I tested this setup, the call did properly "forward" and I was NOT charged (by Callcentric) for the "forwarding" (presumably because any call to a "SIP Broker" reachable location is considered a FREE CALL by Callcentric). So this approach does work, if properly setup on the Callcentric end!

So since you can dial out (including web callback) using a Callcentric provider entry WITHOUT the "registration" option, and you can also use Callcentric's "Call Treatments" to send inbound Callcentric calls to you, than you really have no "need" to "register" your Callcentric account with VoXaLot (as you can do everything you want without using the "register" option).
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote