Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 03-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #91
pranzo

pranzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpere View Post
Although I find voxalot a superb service, the lack of a dial out to PSTN service makes Betamax (I use voipdiscount) a perfect complement to this service.

Now that it seems like Betamax has become incompatible with voxalot, why doesn't voxalot look into providing dial out to PSTN services similar to Betamax and compete head to head with them? I for one would be willing to pay more for my outgoing calls in order to benefit from the voxalot services.

For the time being, I am switching to having my Siemens C450IP register directly to voipbuster, and having my ipkall DID redirected to voipbuster (yes, it seems to work), but I am toying with the idea of getting another device which would allow sending calls to voipbuster and using voxalot for SIP / incoming calls.
I thinks that a easier and more achievable solution, even if less complete, would be to ask to Siemens/Targa to make available a firmware which allows two providers instead only one.
Unread 03-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #92
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
If you register a device or phone with VoXaLot the IP address of the proxy that the device is registered to will be the one the VSP sees.
Could you explain this in a little more detail (actually, at a level a newbie can understand!). I still haven't sussed out the difference between the "SIP server" and "Outbound Proxy" fields of my Grandstream. What does each mean exactly? What does the outbound proxy do? When should I use it and when should I leave it blank? Can I put something here so that the Voxalot IP is not passed to Betamax when I make a call? What would happen for example if I put eu.voxalot.com as the SIP server and sipage.co.uk as the proxy, or is that just plain crazy?!
Unread 03-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #93
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliafino View Post
No answer by Betamax? Go by sending call & fax...
OK, I sent them a fax to all three numbers asking them to unblock Voxalot! Bring on the campaign! Anyone want to join me in Köln to abseil off the building and hang banners?
Unread 03-20-2007, 12:14 PM   #94
dc2007

dc2007 is on a distinguished road

strangely mine is still working using US server.
Unread 03-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #95
twen

twen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Just so you know, we have also made contact on the phone. The secretary informed us that someone from the group will call us back.
I'm glad you got someone from Betamax. I already called them once for several month (I'm speaking german also ) And they didn't want to answer my question. anything is done by email. But they never answer me email either.

I hope you get better luck as I am
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #96
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
Could you explain this in a little more detail (actually, at a level a newbie can understand!). I still haven't sussed out the difference between the "SIP server" and "Outbound Proxy" fields of my Grandstream. What does each mean exactly? What does the outbound proxy do? When should I use it and when should I leave it blank? Can I put something here so that the Voxalot IP is not passed to Betamax when I make a call? What would happen for example if I put eu.voxalot.com as the SIP server and sipage.co.uk as the proxy, or is that just plain crazy?!
Very good post, as a fellow grandstream user I second this question!
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #97
eliafino

eliafino has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gteddy View Post
hi,

did anybody try to call with an alternative software client?
not only voxlaot calls are blocked because calls with
x-lite, sjphone etc. are also not possible.

i found in a german voip forum that the betamax' own softphone is sending user information (userid, currency, call destination etc) using http.

no wonder that we aren't able to make any sip calls with betamax products for my person, i have enough from betamax. i don't thinke they will refund my money. as soon as i have used it up including free days, i will forget betamax forever.

does someone have any recommendation for a serious and reliable VSPs?
This is only for Justvoip...
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #98
Lanh

Lanh is on a distinguished road

I've given in and switched to the US server, just hope that one doesn't get duffered too!
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #99
sinko

sinko is on a distinguished road

I also have problems using betamax through SPA-3102 which is registered on the voxalot server. I have a few questions and concerns, and as a fairly new user of SIP I may learn something about SIP communications in the process.

I use one of the Betamax accounts in the GATEWAY section of SPA-3102 and I am trying to make calls utilizing the dial plan (SPA-3102 dial plan not the one on voxalot server) which is tied into Betamax server by username and password as well as sip.voipbuster.com but I get busy signal.

Does Betamax see my voxalot registration even though I use gateway (dial plan on SPA-3102) information to call? If yes, I do not see why because my SPA has its own IP address and there must be a way of utilizing Gateway through my own IP and not voxalot's IP even though the SPA is registered on voxalot server. Please help. What if I use STUN server, does it bypass sending the voxalot IP to Betamax?
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #100
pranzo

pranzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
Very very intriguing question, it does interest me, too.

By the way, the reading of a long and deep thread is difficult for me, in both linear mode and threated one. I fear to not recognize any potential answer to the previous message. Can anyone suggest to me the proper way to keep track of the new messages in a long thread?
Closed Thread