Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 05-18-2007, 02:46 AM   #1
mrocha

mrocha is on a distinguished road
Default WebCallback improving

How about upload and download the webcallback list thru internet, using a ".txt" file seppareted with commas, like MS Outlook?

Is that a good idea? What you think?
mrocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
technoboy

technoboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrocha View Post
How about upload and download the webcallback list thru internet, using a ".txt" file seppareted with commas, like MS Outlook?

Is that a good idea? What you think?
I think I see where you are coming from - you want to transfer your Outlook contents direct to Voxalot so you don't have to duplicate your contact list.
OK, but not everyone uses Outlook - I use Thunderbird (may be possible to use that under the same regime, I don't know). However, the way in which each contact is routed would still have to be defined, that information would not be stored in Outlook - so it would be a bit messy just uploading some data fields per each record. How many people who would find your suggestion useful would also depend, not only on how many use Outlook, but, also, just how many people use their email client to store phone numbers. The only place I store all my phone numbers is on my mobile phone. Yes, I then use Outlook to store the numbers - just because the Nokia PC Suite does that. However, I would only want to call a very small fraction of those numbers via Voxalot. If I transferred all my contacts to Voxalot I would spend more time, deleting the contacts I don't want, than it would take me to manually enter the ones I want. If I had all contacts on there I would have to wade through all the dross and, if using data download, have to pay more for data when the contact list was delivered to my mobile. I suppose one answer to this would be a checkbox to say whether you want this contact to be listed on the WAP list as well as the web callback list.

My Suggestion:
I don't use the mobile callback atm but I probably will do when not in the UK.
It would be useful to permit additions/editing of the contacts, via WAP, on a mobile phone. When not at home, short of using the dubious services of an Internet Cafe, there is no way, currently, to do this on most phones.
technoboy is offline   Reply With Quote