Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #41
psmammoth

psmammoth is on a distinguished road
Default eu.voxalot.com is up again (finally !!!)

Hi,

eu.voxalot.com works again.
@martin, what was the problem @LeaseWeb ? (Or maybe they didn't tell ?)
psmammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #42
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

----------
Dear Martin,

We replaced the server with a similar model and placed your HDD.
Server booted without errors and is online.

You can reach the server through SSH again.

Once again we apologize for the downtime caused by the NIC hardware
failure.

If there are any further questions please reply to this ticket.

Kind regards,

Robin Koper
LeaseWeb - Customer Support (SLA)
-----------------

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #43
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

We are happy to report that the EU service is finally operational. We are still working on plans to transition the EU service to a new provider. In the mean time, you should be able to now use the EU server.

We will keep you posted on our transition plans once they are finalised.

Once again we apologise for the major inconvenience caused.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #44
majo

majo is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Cause of error is same like broken network cable/NIC hardware. They could had diagnosed early & fixed very early. This long outtage does not justify whatever they tell the cause.

Anyway happy that EU server is alive again.

Regards.

majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #45
dfisbein

dfisbein is on a distinguished road
Default It is good to reflect about this issue

Ended this nightmare of 5 days with no service, I think that there is good to reflect about this issue. I am very surprised for the bad management of Voxalot!

It is incredible that they did not have a procedure in case of problems with LeaseWeb in a kind of service that must be "fault tolerance" for an important VoIP provider, especially as for that LeaseWeb had bad reports in the web. It is also incredible that during the crisis Voxalot did not put a clear warning of this problem in their home page.

They started managing the issue very bad. For the first post they took 24 hours. I was looking at the advances, and it seemed that I was looking at a “slow motioned” movie. Was as if for to solve an emergency they had all the time of the world!

The most pathetic thing was when they opened a new space in the Forum to discuss about things like: if it is a good idea to have one or more EU servers, or in which countries has to be these. That was not the time of reflection, but to attack the emergency in a fast way! In other words, instead of putting themselves in the roll of the captain, they chose to be just the musicians of the Titanic.

It is clear that this one will have some deep consequences in the Voxalot future. It will be very difficult for them to be again a reliable VoIP provider if they try to hide this issue. In other words, I think that they should publish in this Forum the changes that their internal structure needs.
dfisbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #46
kendid

kendid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisbein View Post
Ended this nightmare of 5 days with no service, I think that there is good to reflect about this issue. I am very surprised for the bad management of Voxalot!

It is incredible that they did not have a procedure in case of problems with LeaseWeb in a kind of service that must be "fault tolerance" for an important VoIP provider, especially as for that LeaseWeb had bad reports in the web. It is also incredible that during the crisis Voxalot did not put a clear warning of this problem in their home page.

They started managing the issue very bad. For the first post they took 24 hours. I was looking at the advances, and it seemed that I was looking at a “slow motioned” movie. Was as if for to solve an emergency they had all the time of the world!

The most pathetic thing was when they opened a new space in the Forum to discuss about things like: if it is a good idea to have one or more EU servers, or in which countries has to be these. That was not the time of reflection, but to attack the emergency in a fast way! In other words, instead of putting themselves in the roll of the captain, they chose to be just the musicians of the Titanic.

It is clear that this one will have some deep consequences in the Voxalot future. It will be very difficult for them to be again a reliable VoIP provider if they try to hide this issue. In other words, I think that they should publish in this Forum the changes that their internal structure needs.
Feel Better?

I've been with Voxalot for a few years now (I think going on 5 maybe) -- there have been a few inconveniences along the way. This is probably the biggest -- but all together I've probably had 4 or 5 days downtime as a result. That works out to a 99.7% uptime for me. Sure, downtime is an inconvenience, but complaining doesn't help either. [before you respond asking how it could only be 4 or 5 days, when this was 5 days just now -- I was able to change the EU in my box to a US and had very little downtime]

As for the post in the forums about different servers, I appreciate the fact they are asking for others advice -- shows an attitude of humility and respect which some people don't have -- rather than a attitude of bitterness and complaining about everything. What do you think they should have done different, I'm sure they would like it if you PM'd them an action plan they could follow.

As with all VOIP providers and services, I take the same stance. If I don't like it, I move on -- as a result I'm still with Voxalot.
kendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #47
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

I'm glad EU server is operational. I won't be bashing Voxalot since I'm using the service for free, and Am grateful for what it offers. I am also grateful for the community here which helped me settle in.

I think the biggest mistake committed is - Vox administrators should have modified the A records for eu.voxalot.com to point to one of their US server's IP address, considering there are two servers available in the US, they sure would've handled the burden until the moments of adversity with LeaseWeb pass. Had the administration done that there would have been:

a) Zero downtime. No complaints no fuss.
b) People wouldn't be running reckless trying to reconfigure their hardware at remote places of the world.
c) It surely would have avoided the risque.
d) 90% of the folks wouldn't have even found out about it at all.
e) Switch back to the European IP server immediately after the predicament with LeaseWeb is solved.

Certainly this could have gone a lot smoother, but I'm sure Vox management has learned from this bad experience and such "disaster" will not befall on us again.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #48
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road
Default Your views

Hello Kendid,

I hope you feel better too.

Clearly you are a dedicated Voxalot supporter, as witnessed by your posts on this topic and on the most current topic on this forum.

I have been a Voxalot member as long as you have, but take a different view. I cancelled my paid Voxalot membership a while ago, long before the current eu iserver issue arose. Why ?, poor service and zero customer support.

I respect your your view and if you are staying with Voxalot, very good luck to you.

But please, do not criticise other Voxalot customers for expressing their valid views and asking very reasonable questions of a provider who has badly let them down.

Best regards

Grahame
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #49
caribicarts

caribicarts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to caribicarts
Default eu server not operational again

Dear Martin!

Again i can not register providers on my account on the eu server.
Status stays pending and after it doesent register. No incomming and outgoing calls working except the internal voxalot calls. *600 echotest not working either.
My voxalot username is 170667
Please fix the issue as soon as possible.
I would recomend to create a premium server with less outages and off corse i would like to pay more for this service.

Thank you.
caribicarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #50
zzz

zzz is on a distinguished road

I have the same problems.
Please, fix.
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote