Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
VoipAlot

VoipAlot is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Pennytel blocks VOXALOT!!! No Explanation! No ETA to Fix!

For some time now, we've been unable to make phonecalls via our multiple accounts with voxalot that register with pennytel.

We called pennytel, and were told to reconigure the device. However after several phone calls, we finally spoke to a 3rd tier support (or equivelent) and they informed us that VOXALOT had been banned from making OUTGOING calls via Pennytel. It had been a "Management Decision"...

The reason being, there is some "loophole" to allow users to make millions of free calls via Voxalot and through Pennytel servers, that negates their promotion. (must have pretty pathetic security!)

i.e. Free 10 million minutes, and some how Pennytel is being taken advantage - by some Voxalot users?

I'm not sure HOW anyone can make phone calls for free, as all calls are recorded and you must authenticate with the Pennytel server BEFORE making phone calls, so I am extremly confused!

What is the solution?

When will Voxalot change whatever is needed?

How can we change the DEVICE ID shown @ Pennytel, from: "Voxalot" and too: "Linksys" for example?

How can we customise what Pennytel see's so that we are not blocked?

This NEEDS to be resolved ASAP as it has been going on for several weeks now!!!

Thank you for your support and attention.

- 9 Disgruntled Customers!

Last edited by VoipAlot; 01-23-2011 at 07:21 AM.
VoipAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
gwaitsi

gwaitsi is on a distinguished road

i have just blocked my credit card from paying them the monthly fee and demanded a refund for the period. i have been trying to get this resolved since beginning of December and have to wait 3 days before a reply, which just goes around in circles. as i live outside oz i am not going to call their support number. f.ck 'em is what i say - i will go somewhere else
gwaitsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

This has been a while, right? reported eight months ago.
voxalot blocked by Pennytel
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
VoipAlot

Default Incompetant + Amateurish!

We only noticed it a several weeks before hand. We experienced the problems and switched everyone over to our backup VSP's, and forwarding our main numbers. I occasionally checked and continued our "battle" for Pennytel support to "grasp" the concept of the problem!

As it continued, we became more and more frustrated!

After two weeks of phone calls and emails, we finally found the root of the problem! A new promotion!

Is there any way we can change the details sent to Pennytel upon registration? I.e. changing it to 'Linksys' instead of 'Voxalot' and the user ID to '6112345678' instead of '123456' (Voxalot ID)? Voxalot? Help!

"Apparently" it is because of the free minutes promotion Pennytel is offering. "Apparently" the promotion can be taken advantage of, by a user calling from a REGISTERED Voxalot account with a REGISTERED Pennytel VoIP account? I'm not sure how on earth you can "SCAM" the free minutes, as if they can identify and track users connected to their service - and VOXALOT users identified by their VOXALOT User ID!

For Example: If your User ID is 123456, then under the PennyTel Facilities web page, you can click on support, and see your devices' connection - with the device name + details. However, if Voxalot is connected, it lists Voxalot as the hardware, and the Voxalot account number (123456).

So, how on earth can you scam free minutes??? When staff can simply check if more than one/two accounts are using the same Voxalot ID? Rather than blocking ALL customers (clearly the easiest way), would it not be more profitable for them to upgrade their system, so that an account cannot be occupied by more than 2 users?

The solution? Use MyNetFone or any other 9c/10c provider!

It is unfortunate, however Pennytel seems to be run by fewer 'dip-sticks' these days, but they still struggle to understand or respond to any email enquiry consisting of more than ONE QUESTION! How could they possibly deal with such a simple issue like this, and deplorably block ALL Voxalot users?!? Why isn't Voxalot doing something about this?

Something somoene emailed me some time ago I should share... LOL

P E N N Y T E L .... Pathetic Etiquette from Nutty Neanderthals Yawning Tediously while Electrified by Lunatic Customers!

Last edited by VoipAlot; 01-23-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Unread 01-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
wildbill

wildbill is on a distinguished road

"Hi All,

I have been informed that registration through Voxalot is again being accepted.

Thankyou,
Ashleigh@pennytel"

Before you shoot off your mouth you might like to do a little research as the ban was lifted last Friday (Australian time).
Perhaps there is something wrong with your equipment if you are still having troubles
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
VoipAlot

You are clearly missing the point!

Why can we not change the details seen by Pennytel's SIP server?

Currently, Voxalot is sending "VOXALOT" and the "123456" account number to the authentication servers. Why not resolve this and just send it our REAL device info that are sent to its' very own servers???

This issue came about due to some "loop-hole" that pennytel claim allows people to make free calls with the Pennytel service via Voxalot.

Why isn't this issue being dealt with and resolved? We are all equal customers, paying our monthly fees and for DID's. Why can't Pennytel treat us like valued customers?

Last edited by VoipAlot; 01-26-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoipAlot View Post
You are clearly missing the point!

Why can we not change the details seen by Pennytel's SIP server?

Currently, Voxalot is sending "VOXALOT" and the "123456" account number to the authentication servers. Why not resolve this and just send it our REAL device info that are sent to its' very own servers???

This issue came about due to some "loop-hole" that pennytel claim allows people to make free calls with the Pennytel service via Voxalot.

Why isn't this issue being dealt with and resolved? We are all equal customers, paying our monthly fees and for DID's. Why can't Pennytel treat us like valued customers?
Changing what is seen will be pointless unless they take no notice of the IP used.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blocked, blocking, pennytel, promotion, support