Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
hca

hca is on a distinguished road
Default sip keer alive bandwith usage

Hello,

I have tried to determine by search with out success how many megabytes of data, bidirectional total, a sip phone connected (registered) to voxalot uses when not engaged in a call. I realise the consumption when connected depends on codec etc

I am considering an alternative connection that charges by the megabyte of data.

As far as i can tell from monitoring my network there are two 60 byte packets (one each way) every 30 seconds. this calcs out to 14.4 Kb an hour. Is this correct?

Can any one help to confirm what I should expect?

regards H.
hca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
tosaid

tosaid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hca View Post
Hello,

I have tried to determine by search with out success how many megabytes of data, bidirectional total, a sip phone connected (registered) to voxalot uses when not engaged in a call. I realise the consumption when connected depends on codec etc

I am considering an alternative connection that charges by the megabyte of data.

As far as i can tell from monitoring my network there are two 60 byte packets (one each way) every 30 seconds. this calcs out to 14.4 Kb an hour. Is this correct?

Can any one help to confirm what I should expect?

regards H.
You said that yourself it depends on codecs. What codec you were using when you did your test?
tosaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
hca

hca is on a distinguished road
Default running g 729

thanks for the reply, I have it set on g729 which is 8k or I believe about 32k each way when connected handling voice.

I am trying to determine how many megs a month it will use just on the connection overhead. Then I can add the voice usage.
hca is offline   Reply With Quote