Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
yfm

yfm is on a distinguished road
Default DTMF problem-SPA 2102 and SPA 3102

Folks:
I really need your help. I setup my SPA 2102 with Voxalot (US server). I have a remote SPA 3102 which I registered my PSTN line with another Voxalot account (also U.S. server). When I dial my SPA 3102 I noticed something strange when I punch in my PIN to gain access to my PSTN dial tone. I noticed that the numbers I dial get repeated unintentionally. For example if I am dialing 37420 I found the number dialed 37777444222000 (something like that). I used to register with callcentric and FWD and both were working fine. I guess this has to do with the DTMF settings. I don’t know what the settings for Voxlot regarding the DTMF are. Can anyone help me please?
yfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
usf

usf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfm View Post
Folks:
I really need your help. I setup my SPA 2102 with Voxalot (US server). I have a remote SPA 3102 which I registered my PSTN line with another Voxalot account (also U.S. server). When I dial my SPA 3102 I noticed something strange when I punch in my PIN to gain access to my PSTN dial tone. I noticed that the numbers I dial get repeated unintentionally. For example if I am dialing 37420 I found the number dialed 37777444222000 (something like that). I used to register with callcentric and FWD and both were working fine. I guess this has to do with the DTMF settings. I don’t know what the settings for Voxlot regarding the DTMF are. Can anyone help me please?
I guess that is your phone set problem. try replace a new phone set and try.
usf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I think DTMF issues are common with ATAs, but especially common when using a SPA-3000/3102. Unfortunately I only own a SPA-2100 so I can't offer any help with your more complicated setup. The Voxilla Forums are a good place to find people who have bought SPA-3000/3102 and they might be a better place to pose your question.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
yfm

yfm is on a distinguished road

ctaylor:
ctaylor:
Thank you for your response. For usf response, I am sure it is not a telephone set problem. It is a DTMF one.

The 2100, 2102, 3000, 3102 carry (more or less) the same voice software. So if you have a solution for the 2100 I am sure it will work with the rest. I registered the Voxalot account with a 2102. It is the one I am dialing to another SPA (3102) which also registered with the Voxalot. I noticed when I reduced the “RTP Packet Size” to 0.010 instead of the 0.020 recommended by Voxalot, the problem is solved. I am not sure if the two incidents are interconnected or it is just a coincident. The incorrect (random repetition of some digits) also happens when I use the SIPbroker PSTN access numbers to access the SPA 3102 PSTN line.

I already posted the problem with Voxilla. I did not receive a definite solution. I wish someone who knows about these issues enlight us.
yfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2007, 03:10 AM   #5
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

The SPA-3000 & 3102 introduce extra problems when you use the PSTN phone feature with it, and send DTMF, since more is going on than if you just used SIP alone.

That being said, even with my SPA-2100, I do not have consistent results. I do know of settings to look at though.

DTMF Process INFO
DTMF Process AVT
DTMF Tx Method
DTMF Tx Mode

Basically I have had good results with keeping method at "Auto" and then toggling the INFO and AVT from yes to no, or no to yes, keeping both at yes or both at no (all four possibilities), but I have never found one single configuration that was good for every call at every time, unfortunately. I don't think there is a perfect configuration. You almost have to be ready with the Sipura in your web browser to change these settings between calls if you need the DTMF to work.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 04:53 AM   #6
mohnashaat

mohnashaat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfm View Post
Folks:
hello ymf
after 2 years of ur DTMF problem, what is the situation?
mohnashaat is offline   Reply With Quote