Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 09-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
jun_j

jun_j is on a distinguished road
Default Sipbroker Pstn To Fwd Not Working

for 2 day now I cant connect to my wife FWD number via sipbroker pstn number in sydney ... also my leadtek ATA via optus Australia cannot register to my FWD account the same time with the sipbroker pstn to FWD.... I tried using another ATA (my older spa 2000) It CAN CONNECT to FWD via optus Australia.... Im wondering what could be wrong ??? my wife even called the sipbroker PSTN from abroad from a mobile, she can connect to sipbroker voice prompt but call can not connect to FWD
I replace account on leadtek ATA with that of voxalot ...unit is working fine and I can call but when I put my FWD account back again ..."DEAD" no connection Ive been using this(leadtek BVA 8051) for 5 years now and have not experience any problem with it until now....Where could the fault be ???? The only thing I could think of is (could optus block access to FWD ip address)or a Combination of blocking my leadtek ATA mac id from connecting to FWD address???? or is this a temporary occurence and everything might go back to normal same with my difficulty connecting to FWD via sipbroker PSTN number
jun_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
jun_j

sipbroker PSTN now working to=> FWD but my leadtek BVA 8051 still does not work with FWD account ...change to voxalot account> working fine but when I try entering FWD account again "DEAD" ( I know my query now belong to hardware support tread)I tried SPA 1001 and my old SPA 2000 both ATA are working just fine with FWD account .......can anyone help me figure this one out ...where could the fault be ..the ISP maybe? or FWD not supporting leadtek devise anymore...
Unread 09-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

You do know that FWD is now a paid service, at I believe $30/year in order to be able to register with them....

Could this be the problem?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #4
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun_j View Post
...my leadtek BVA 8051 still does not work with FWD account ...change to voxalot account> working fine but when I try entering FWD account again "DEAD" ( I know my query now belong to hardware support tread)I tried SPA 1001 and my old SPA 2000 both ATA are working just fine with FWD account .......can anyone help me figure this one out ...where could the fault be?
As you are at the scene of the crime, no one is in a better position than you to find the problem. Get an Ethernet hub (not a switch), a packet sniffer (I use Wireshark), and read the SIP packets exchanged between your ATA and FWD's proxy.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
jun_j

Im a paid member long before they implemented the compulsary paid membership for FWD ....Ive given up on the BVA 8051 can find firmware upgrade on net tried to reset the unit to factory default several times no luck still does not work with FWD ...unit reboot several time showing that devise is registerd but indicator light tell otherwise...tried boatmans packet snifer with spa 1001 no problem with packet exchange with FWD problem all pointing to BVA 8051 so if I cant find firmware on net Ill retire the leadtek to the trash bin after more than 5 good years in service
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

The latest firmware for the BVA8051 is version ar18d, released back in 2005. You can find it on the Leadtek FTP site.

A factory reset is performed as follows:
1. Unplug the power
2. Lift the handset of the phone off hook
3. Use a pin to push into the reset hole, hold it there while you plug the power back in, and you will see power LED flashing rapidly. Keep holding it until the power, link, activity, and line LEDs flash several times in alternating pairs to indicate that factory defaults are being restored.

The BVA8051is actually the same as the SIPphone Call-In-One adapter. I think SIPphone's documentation may be better that Leadtek's. There are some applicable PDF documents HERE, Look for any PDF documents with names containing "8051" or "call-in-one".

The BVA8051 may not work with the updated FWD, but it can be used with Voxalot. Example setting for Voxalot are HERE. I have a DTA310 with firmware AR17I, I was unable to make voice mail notification work. The problem may or may not have been fixed in firmware AR18D. For some reason I am not able to run firmware AR18D on my DTA310 device.

Last edited by boatman; 10-04-2008 at 09:22 PM.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #7
jun_j

Ive just browse to the FWD forum and found out that some folks also are having trouble with devise registration ...FWD have initiated security settings to the site and are requiring authenthication setting which the BVA 8051 have not ...thats why some devise can register and others cannot ...will wait for some of the guys at FWD to resolve the issue in the meantime will have to retire the unit to the closet ....or maybe set it with a voxalot or sipphone account and send it to the Mrs. back home so we will have a back up ATA just in case FWD system goes haywire

another note:

I have not been able to use sipbroker PSTN number in Australia for about 2 weeks time ....any word on this guys

called the OLD SIPBROKER PSTN access (still working ) but I dont know how to use it ( im refering to 1st access number donated by voxbone with the canberra number) anyone here knows how to use it and can this be use for accessing peer calling to another sip gateway
Unread 10-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #8
jun_j

1st sipbroker australian PSTN access number by voxbone

Adelaide 61 8 8104 2108
Brisbane 61 7 3014 7668
Canberra 61 2 6102 4208
Melbourne 61 3 8687 5478
Perth 61 8 6222 2068
Sydney 61 2 8244 4868
Sydney 61 2 9423 5098

Im posting this number only because the current number are not working ...any of you guys here know if we could still use this
Unread 10-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #9
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the update. The access number sponsor changed IP addresses. We have updated our config to use the new ranges.

Please let us know if they are working OK now?

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #10
jun_j

thank you martin!