Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 04-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #71
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranworld View Post
Can you be a bit more specific? what should I do now? The funny thing was that an ATA would work and I did not adjust the register timing there at all.
Quote:
You will need to get visibility of the provider registry
We have no visibility of the provider registry. For whatever reason they are not forwarding the INVITE to Voxalot. I spent a bit of time verifying this using packet sniffing techniques.

It is only my best guess that the registration request is expiring on their side. Again, we have no real way of confirming this.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #72
Tranworld

Tranworld is on a distinguished road

But it still say "registered"? What I found with the Linksys SPA3102 ATA is that you need to set the NAT keep alive if you want to ensure reliable incoming calls. Yes the VSP may have a different registry timer, I have a problem with gizmo at first when it worked when first switched on but not later, leaving NAT Keep alive ON does rectify the issue. Is there a similar feature in the Voxalot register (or it is not ncessary?)
Tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:33 AM   #73
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia E61 on Ports 4060,3060 & 2060

Nokia E61 work fine on port 5060 with us.voxalot.com. But I tried to to use port 4060,3060 and 2060 it failed to registered. Does us.voxalot.com also configured to use these ports.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #74
Dana

Dana is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia E61 with Voxalot

After following through this thread, I setup my Nokia E61 as suggested, and it does say that it is registered with my Voxalot account. Registration does not seem to be the problem.

The problem is that the E61 does not receive or make any calls.
Inbound calls to it get a recorded message saying the user is not available, so it goes to voice mail. Outbound calls from it get nothing but dead silence.

Does this sound familiar to anyone there?

BTW, my E61 connects to the Internet through my home computer, setup as a Wifi access point. The access point is connected to the Internet through my Grandstream ATA-486, which is also registered to Voxalot with a different account. The E61 has good Wifi Internet connectivity in this setup, so that is not the problem.

Could the ATA-486 between the Internet and the E61 be the problem?
I would not think the dual account situation would be a problem, but I will try eliminating the ATA-486 for troubleshooting, if there are no other suggestions.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #75
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia E61 with Voxalot

I have same mobile, work fine. Use port 5060, as my previous mail it did not register to port 4060,3060 and 2060. Reboot the mobile (Switch Off & On ). Then try the voxalot echo number *600. It should work.

If still problem exist, update to the latest firmware I think the last one is 3.0.663.09.04.
I think this is best mobile for VOIP.

Last edited by richard99; 05-28-2007 at 06:40 PM.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #76
slackwarebox

slackwarebox is on a distinguished road

After following the instructions. I have successfully registered my Voxalot account on my E70 (firmware 2.01618.07.10)
I tried calling the echo test number *600 but it did not connect. I also have tried my VoIPStunt account and still a no go.
Any ideas?
Thanks
slackwarebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #77
clundestad

clundestad is on a distinguished road

Slackwarebox: Upgrade your firmware to the latest version. There are major changes to the VoIP client in version 3 of the firmware (e.g. STUN functionality)

My E70 works perfectly, it has FW 3.0633.09.04.
clundestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:49 AM   #78
nokuser

nokuser is on a distinguished road
Default nokia e61 - inbound calls

When I get registered with voxalot using nokia e61 (latest firmware - 3.0633.09.04) inbound calls work only for a short period of time. After a while the inbound caller gets 'user is unavailable'.

I can make outbound calls any time - no problems. In the sip settings I have Voxalot always registered and according to nokia e61 it stays registered.

I have a softphone working (outbound and inbound any time) with voxalot using nokia as a modem, so ports etc are OK.

I am not suggesting that there is a problem with my voxalot account.

I think that the Nokia E61 sip client is a bit problematic and that it needs some research to get it to work.
Can you help me?
nokuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:03 AM   #79
AlexErko

AlexErko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokuser View Post
When I get registered with voxalot using nokia e61 (latest firmware - 3.0633.09.04) inbound calls work only for a short period of time. After a while the inbound caller gets 'user is unavailable'.

I can make outbound calls any time - no problems. In the sip settings I have Voxalot always registered and according to nokia e61 it stays registered.

I have a softphone working (outbound and inbound any time) with voxalot using nokia as a modem, so ports etc are OK.

I am not suggesting that there is a problem with my voxalot account.

I think that the Nokia E61 sip client is a bit problematic and that it needs some research to get it to work.
Can you help me?

Hmm, it seems that your E61's SIP client problem is exactly the same as the problem on my E70, which I described at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post9619 . It looks as if E Series Nokia SIP clients' registration don't "stick" for long when registered with VoXaLot, otherwise people would be able to call us after the first few minutes of registration.

Maybe the registration timing interval required by VoXaLot is not compatible with the Nokia SIP clients????????

Anyway, as I mention in my post that I gave a link to above, I am using Fring for SIP with VoXaLot for the time being.

However, it would be very nice if someone were able to come up with a fix for using the Nokia SIP client directly with VoXaLot, as Fring is a BETA testing product, which may or may not be free to use in the longer term.
AlexErko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:31 AM   #80
nokuser

nokuser is on a distinguished road
Default nokia e61 - inbound calls

Unfortunately, fring lacks the functionality, customizability and integration of the built-in sip client. I am looking for a solution from a voxalot team to use the built-in sip client with nokia e61 (latest firmware - 3.0633.09.04) and voxalot service.
nokuser is offline   Reply With Quote