Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
gabbar.singh

gabbar.singh is on a distinguished road
Default Using Voxalot

I created an account and have added VOIP providers along with username, passwords and other details as needed.

Their registration status is showing up as - . What do I need to do further?

I have set up voxalot on my gigaset s685ip but I am unable to use voxalot service.
gabbar.singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

Voice Service Providers (VSP) registration is only permitted to premium users (paid subscription). Also, not all VSP can work with Voxalot. What happens is that many VSP don't like when people have the choice to call through them or through others as simple as dialling in a different way (using Voxalot's dial plan feature). So they block or degrade the service if you are using Voxalot.
If you plan to use Voxalot with VSP providers as a premium user look first for information from other users about the way those providers works with Voxalot. With some it's impossible to register at Voxalot as VSP. With others (such as betamax products known as VoIPBuster and similar), they register but you will see something that is not so good as using those services directly: betamax FUP, greater jitter because they don't admit SIP re-invite, and so on.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

The idea is this...

If you want to receive calls through your VSPs that ring into your VoXalot acct. then you need a Premium Acct.

If you jsut want to be able to make outgoing calls using multiple providers...while only having to register your device to VoXalot...a basic account will do this just fine.

See Main Page - Voxalot FAQ for help in setting things up...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
gabbar.singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
The idea is this...

If you want to receive calls through your VSPs that ring into your VoXalot acct. then you need a Premium Acct.

If you jsut want to be able to make outgoing calls using multiple providers...while only having to register your device to VoXalot...a basic account will do this just fine.

See Main Page - Voxalot FAQ for help in setting things up...
Thanx. Does this mean I still have enter the details of multiple providers for outbound calls in VSP? I think this is the only way to handle multiple providers for outbound calls.
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbar.singh View Post
Thanx. Does this mean I still have enter the details of multiple providers for outbound calls in VSP? I think this is the only way to handle multiple providers for outbound calls.
If you meant "Does this mean I still have enter the details of multiple providers for outbound calls in VOXALOT?" then yes. What you will then have to do is to create a Voxalot dialplan so as to select a particular provider for a particular call. There are a couple of ways you can do this:

1. Set up the plan so that it looks at the code dialled and routes the call accordingly i.e. local calls through Provider A, calls to mobiles through Provider B and international calls through Provider C.

2. Create an access code for each provider to let you route on a call-by-call basis.

In practice you will probably use a combination of both. This allows you to let Voxalot do the heavy lifting and yet gives you the flexilibilty to override this when necessary.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
gabbar.singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataboy View Post
If you meant "Does this mean I still have enter the details of multiple providers for outbound calls in VOXALOT?" then yes. What you will then have to do is to create a Voxalot dialplan so as to select a particular provider for a particular call. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
I am getting enlightened slowly. If I use a provider for my inbound as well as outbound calls, I have to set up the provider in my Gigaset S685IP as well in as in Voxalot for outbound call. I am sure there will be some conflict.

How can I set up a provider in Gigaset S685IP for inbound calls only?
Unread 12-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

The idea is that you set up the providers in Voxalot and NOT in your Gigaset. Then you register Voxalot in your Gigaset. This lets you do the following:

Outbound calls.
By using the methods I described in my earlier post you can select which provider you need for the call.

Inbound calls.
Depending on the level of premium service that you have with Voxalot you can register various providers. When a caller dials one of these your Gigaset will ring.

Bear in mind that you might not necessarily need to register a provider in Voxalot to achieve this incoming call scenario. If a provider allows you to redirect a call to a SIP URI, then do so, to xxxxxx@voxalot.com. Incoming calls to that number will ring your Gigaset without your needing to register it in Voxalot.

Remember too that many providers do not need to be registered in Voxalot to permit outbound calls. Enter the details in Voxalot but set the "SIP Register" field to "No". You should still be able to use it to make outgoing calls.
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote