Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
caesu

caesu is on a distinguished road

also FUP here. on eu us and au servers.
caesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
mohnashaat

mohnashaat is on a distinguished road

same here, it's a voxalot problem

i tried to make the call through voxalot and charged me for FUP

but when i make the call directly from the ATA, no FUP. i think this is the best solution, if you don't have spa3102 that u can add betamax as a gateway, you can any VSP in your dial plan , it works for the linksys ATAs
mohnashaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohnashaat View Post
same here, it's a voxalot problem...
Are you suggesting a 'FUP issue' solution could come from Voxalot?
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 05:17 AM   #14
mohnashaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Are you suggesting a 'FUP issue' solution could come from Voxalot?
i am suggesting a solution for the users away from voxalot. instead of adding betamax as a VSP in voxalot, adding it in their ATA as a gateway or directly in the dialplan

i tried both within an hour with the same account, and with voxalot i was charged for FUP
Unread 12-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #15
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i am suggesting a solution for the users away from voxalot. instead of adding betamax as a VSP in voxalot, adding it in their ATA as a gateway or directly in the dialplan
Indeed, adding a Betamax provider in the dial plan is a convenient way to bypass the FUP issue, and also slightly shortens the RTP packet (voice) path between your ATA and the Betamax endpoint. I have not worked with the SPA3000 and SPA3102 but I understand there is a way to specify SIP user_ID and password in the dial plan of these units.

The same dial plan solution could be used with other Linksys devices, such as PAP2 and SPA2102, if Voxalot were to offer users an alias SIP user_ID. The user's SIP device could then register to Voxalot using the alias which could be chosen identical to their Betamax user_ID, thereby allowing the PAP2/SPA2102 to successfully authenticate with Betamax. I have been using this method for over a year with Gizmo5. As you may know, Gizmo5 allows users to choose an alias SIP user_ID (the Gizmo5 name), which can often be the same as ones Betamax ID.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
mohnashaat

i have the spa3102 and i think spa3000 is similar, you can add up to 4 providers (gateways). for the pap2 and the spa2102, you can add them in the dial plan as follow : (00xx.<:@sip.smartvoip.com;usr=name;pwd=password>) this will forward all calls starting by 00 through your betamax (smartvoip here as an ex.) provider directly

i didn't understand well the authentication with betamax with the SIP alias
Unread 12-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
Corbu'

Corbu' is on a distinguished road

Some of us don't use an ATA, that was to point of subscribing to Voxalot, to free me from ATA adapters. For me the FUP issue doesn't have an alternative fix
I really do hope Betamax will play nice and Voxalot can be FUP free again.

Last edited by Corbu'; 12-14-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Corbu' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #18
mohnashaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbu' View Post
Some of us don't use an ATA, that was to point of subscribing to Voxalot, to free me from ATA adapters. For me the FUP issue doesn't have an alternative fix
I really do hope Betamax will play nice and Voxalot can be FUP free again.

so what are you using? sofphones? like X-lite?
Unread 12-15-2009, 05:00 AM   #19
davidnewton

davidnewton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i have the spa3102 and i think spa3000 is similar, you can add up to 4 providers (gateways). for the pap2 and the spa2102, you can add them in the dial plan as follow : (00xx.<:@sip.smartvoip.com;usr=name;pwd=password>) this will forward all calls starting by 00 through your betamax (smartvoip here as an ex.) provider directly

i didn't understand well the authentication with betamax with the SIP alias
Thanks for this information. It will be very useful for me to avoid the FUP problem. I tried the following dialplan in my PAP2T, but I could not make it work yet. When I dial 00xxxxx ended with #, I got fast busy. Could you help me to find out what is wrong? I am trying to use nonoh.net for international calls while the line is registered to sipsorcery. Thank you very much.

(00xx.<:@sip.nonoh.net:5060;usr=username;pwd=passw ord>|*xx|[34689]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
davidnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #20
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjam View Post
I had been using the eu.voxalot.com server, even though I'm located in the U.S. (switched my ATA over to eu.voxalot.com sometime recently in order to run some experiments, then forgot to change it back to us.voxalot.com). Now that I've switched back to us.voxalot.com I've ceased getting these FUP exceeded messages--at least so far.
Well, so far has ended. I just saw more FUP charges the other day. Maybe they have some sort of trigger that results in FUP charges? Like, I never saw any FUP exceeded message using my Betamax provider (justvoip) until I let my account completely run out of funds. It was after I'd recharged it that I started seeing FUP exceeded messages: it's as if my account was "off their radar screen" until I ran it dry. Likewise, the FUP exceeded messages ceased for awhile after I'd switched to the US server. But now, they cropped up again after I'd made a non-free international call (to Estonia).

I've made two complaints to justvoip so far, which have been met with stony silence. Given their "business model" (which seems to be to take as much money as they can with the least accountability possible) I'm not too surprised. I do have an ATA so maybe I'll try the workaround suggested by mohnashaat.

James
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote