Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-23-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
zcharming

zcharming is on a distinguished road
Default Betamax fup again!!!

A few days ago, I can use Betamax id(like voipraider etc.) to place freecalls with US voxalot server to avoid FUP. I placed much calls as free calls. but now it said FUP exceeded. I want to know if Voxalot still support make calls with Betamax freecalls?
zcharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
mohnashaat

mohnashaat is on a distinguished road

FUP of betamax , i think is 300 min/week, they count it per IP not per account as i readed on other threads, so maybe as the call is coming from voxalot, they see all the voxalot user with the same IP.
mohnashaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #3
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

I'm getting the same FUP exceeded charges in my betamax account (justvoip) over the last couple of weeks or so. I have not even used 200 minutes for this whole month, so exceeding the 300 min./wk. condition could not possibly apply to my account. Perhaps the old IP issue has returned, where betamax sees all calls being made through voxalot as originating from the same (voxalot) IP? Voxalot seemed to have fixed this some time ago, and it's true I saw no FUP exceeded charges since I started using betamax last April and up to about two weeks ago. So, has some update been done at voxalot that screwed things up again? Like maybe the system is no longer passing user IP's to betamax rather than voxalot's IP? It'd be nice to know.

James

PS I've been unable to dial out using justvoip for quite a few hours now--even using a softphone not configured to go through voxalot. Using voxalot+ATA I get an immediate busy signal with any PSTN call I try, while the softphone simply drops the call immediately after dialing. Betamax seems to be having some technical issues at the moment--this in addition to the FUP problem described in this thread.
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjam View Post
So, has some update been done at voxalot that screwed things up again? Like maybe the system is no longer passing user IP's to betamax rather than voxalot's IP? It'd be nice to know.
IP addresses for all proxy are still the same and are still being passed to down stream providers. There have been no changes in this area for well over a year.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
tatjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
IP addresses for all proxy are still the same and are still being passed to down stream providers. There have been no changes in this area for well over a year.
Thanks for your reply. Advice on how to proceed, then? Direct complaints to the betamax reseller, I suppose? I know at least one of them has a forum. I'll start looking into that. Other VP's, while more expensive, are another option I'll be looking at. Betamax and resellers have not been exactly what you'd call accessible/responsive.

James
Unread 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
tatjam

I had been using the eu.voxalot.com server, even though I'm located in the U.S. (switched my ATA over to eu.voxalot.com sometime recently in order to run some experiments, then forgot to change it back to us.voxalot.com). Now that I've switched back to us.voxalot.com I've ceased getting these FUP exceeded messages--at least so far. You can pretty much forget about getting any response from Betamax and/or resellers to complaints about erroneous FUP exceeded charges. I've sent two complaints over the last 3 weeks and nary a peep in response from Betamax/reseller. This company obviously operates according to slumlord ethics: for your money they give you whatever is convenient to them. So far the arrangement works out economically in my favor but there could come a point when that will change and if and when it does I'll happily to leave Betamax and resellers behind, never looking back. For the moment, they're just the lesser of two evils.

James
Unread 12-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
snvv

snvv is on a distinguished road

Since yesterday I have the FUP issue even from the us server.
snvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
khabibul35

khabibul35 is on a distinguished road

FUP here too, from US server
khabibul35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Bob0260

Bob0260 is on a distinguished road

Yes and I also. FUP US server
Bob0260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
Bob0260

Bob0260 is on a distinguished road

Just changed over to the au server and am getting FUP again.
Bob0260 is offline   Reply With Quote