Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road
Question IPKall problem

I am having problems with outgoing voice quality on call received from IPKall. Calls through or from any other provider sound fine. I can hear the caller but they hear only part of what I say, almost like stuttering. Something like:

Me: "Hello there, how are you?"
What they hear: "He o ere, ow you?"

Echo test works without problems. Not sure what to check, any help would be appreciated (and help with the WAF).
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

My IPKall number has lapsed from non-use, but when I did use it, the quality was often very poor. I suspect the problem is with IPKall and not you or Voxalot.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Ditto what Ron said. Some people have had no problems with their IPkall number it seems, but not me.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 01:57 AM   #4
wmp

Thank you both. I also have a FreeDigits number that works. Can you recommend any other free or low cost DID providers?
Unread 07-26-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

I've also had no problems with IPKALL. Seems to work just fine.
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
wmp

Something else odd. When I forward calls from Callcentric to Voxalot I get the same jittery outgoing audio. The same thing applies if I register Callcentric in Voxalot and receive a call. However, if I register my Sipura directly with Callcentric there are no problems with audio.
Unread 07-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
voip2007

voip2007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmp View Post
I am having problems with outgoing voice quality on call received from IPKall. Calls through or from any other provider sound fine. I can hear the caller but they hear only part of what I say, almost like stuttering. Something like:

Me: "Hello there, how are you?"
What they hear: "He o ere, ow you?"

Echo test works without problems. Not sure what to check, any help would be appreciated (and help with the WAF).
I have the same probleim from DIDww. I have 2 numbers from DIDww, one is working prefectly, another one the exactly the same setting, But when I am a callee, the caller hear me like yours. But if I am a caller, they can hear me perfectly. I tested by myself between 2 numbers from DIDww, both of them are registered in e164.net. There is no problem. That means only when I am a callee and received the phone call from PSTN, the caller hear the sound quality bad.
At the beginning, I thought maybe it's problem of the phone number from DIDww. I wrote a letter to ask them to check, they told me there is no problem of the phone number.
Now I found some people have the same experience as me, Probably the problem is from voxalot.
voip2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 12:19 AM   #8
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

When you are Callee at the receiving end of the SIP redirection from DIDWW, and the sound is choppy, do you have any kind of file sharing software running at the same time?
Do you know the available upload speed on your connection?
This may be totally irrelevant to your configuration, but this is the situation when I have run into this problem.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

So it works good when you setup your SIP device for Callcentric or DIDww but when you use Voxalot with your device and phone service through it with these providers you guys get bad quality? Yeah I don't know, you have to keep narrowing down when it works fine and when it doesn't and eventually troubleshoot it down to the ultimate real problem (if you are able). Sometimes Voxalot may be at fault I think while other times it is the way your device settings and NAT routers are interacting with how Voxalot is managing the call that is the main culprit. What I've always said is that if you just can't get it to work with us, and it works fine without Voxalot, then you just might not be a good candidate to use the Voxalot service in the bolder way you had planned. To me, maximizing quality and not having to apologize for being on a "VOIP phone" to the people I talk to on the regular phone network are major objectives of mine and I wouldn't use Voxalot if it wasn't compatible with that. Thankfully everything seems to work pretty well with my configuration and my providers so I am very happy to make use of Voxalot's value-added services.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #10
voip2007

voip2007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
When you are Callee at the receiving end of the SIP redirection from DIDWW, and the sound is choppy, do you have any kind of file sharing software running at the same time?
This may be totally irrelevant to your configuration, but this is the situation when I have run into this problem.
Do you have any kind of file sharing software running at the same time?
No. I test both number in the same situation.
upload speed is more than 400Kbps
voip2007 is offline   Reply With Quote