Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-09-2006, 04:36 AM   #11
jmstosch

jmstosch is on a distinguished road

I think that it all comes down to being able to specify both, the sip address (i2telecom.com) as well as the proxy out 206..... which voxalot does not yet permit. I programmed voicesticks into my Grandstream GXP 2000 - and no problem. Too bad that voxalot cannot accomodate. It would have been nice.
jmstosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 05:13 AM   #12
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I am hoping whatever change(s) is/are needed are not that big of a deal to implement in the complex Asterisk server setup Voxalot really just is at bottom, because we know it is possible to get Voicestick working on Asterisk (chandave provided a working configuration at Voxilla) and Voxalot afaik is just a really innovative way to use Asterisk, so ergo is should be possible to get Voxalot to do it. I guess a larger question is whether Voxalot is designed to be able to handle these 'difficult' idiosyncratic cases or if at this point all the system can handle is the straightforward way one registers with FWD or SIPPhone.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #13
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Asterisk is one of the components that is behind VoXaLot as well as SER and our own telephony framework.

That said, registration does use Asterisk functionality (with our security enhancement), so it should be possible.

We will take a look and advise.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #14
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Asterisk is one of the components that is behind VoXaLot as well as SER and our own telephony framework.

That said, registration does use Asterisk functionality (with our security enhancement), so it should be possible.

We will take a look and advise.
Any chance of getting some kind of detailed documentation on the setup? And your security enhancement, is it GPL and available for anyone?
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
krisch

krisch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstosch
Wow, I see. It worked for me for about 5 min. I called and the ata rang. Then it stopped. Out is fine but no more in-bound calling. The ATA (mine is a Grandstream 486) works well when set up to only use Voicestick - so it will work outside of the softphone environment. I guess that it has to do with specifying a proxy server and sip server which are different. Voxalot does not support this - until they do - there is probably little one can do. Anyone else have advise???
Hi,

In earlier days I had similar problems with calling in to my ATA: After 5 mins it didn’t ring anymore.

Try the following:

In the Router Settings, the PPoE-tab, set the “Idle Timeout" from 5 Minutes (or the default value) to zero.

This will maintain the ATA’s internet connection alive, and the server can find and call your ATA even after 5 minutes of inactivity.

For me it works.

Cheers, krisch
krisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #16
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

hi krisch, we are thinking right now this is a Voxalot compatibility problem with Voicestick's unusual SIP requirements and not with STUN/NAT, because concerning myself at least this problem with the DID not working is not universal for me (I have been using VOIP for a long time and all my providers work well and DIDs work well), but limited to one very specific and isolated case: ATA registered to Voxalot with Voicestick registered to Voxalot. Anyway this thread is sorta becoming unprofitable to continue until something new occurs so this is my last post in this thread till then.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #17
wmp

wmp is on a distinguished road

Has there been any progress on getting VoiceStick to register with VoXaLot?
wmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #18
jmstosch

jmstosch is on a distinguished road

I have not been able to get it to work. I simply use two ATAs HT486. One connected to the other to get Voicestick to work on my phone. I would LOVE to see it compatible with Voxalot. I think that as long as I cannot specify a proxy out server different from a sip realm - no chance

Martin, you mentioned "ask and you shall receive"- I am asking.

-Jmstosch
jmstosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2006, 07:44 AM   #19
rybshik

rybshik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmstosch View Post
I programmed voicesticks into my Grandstream GXP 2000 - and no problem.
Could you post your GXP 2000's settings for voicesti? Thanks.
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote