Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
jimfla

jimfla is on a distinguished road
Default callback blocked

I get the following error message when i use the callback button, "member blocked". is there a problem with my account? (acct: 211956)

I have another premium account that does not have this problem.
jimfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Your account automatically blocked by our SPAM filter as your account made over 500 calls within a few hour period. Why so many calls?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
jimfla

I checked on the useage via the detail call records over the past week, the useage averages under 280 calls per day. Would that trigger a "spam" indicator? I'm assuming someone was playing around with the callback button and triggered the spam block.

Am I correct that the block on the callback feature will be lifted within a few days assuming the spam trigger is not hit?

thank you very much.
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfla View Post
Am I correct that the block on the callback feature will be lifted within a few days assuming the spam trigger is not hit?
No. We've recently introduced a number of measures to stop people abusing our services, and your account has been flagged in one of these reports.

Your freecall service has been piggy-backing on top of our infrastructure for some time now, and we have no plans in continuing to allow that to happen.

We have spent a lot of time and money investing in our infrastructure, and the intent is that our members reap the benefit, not other services that are using our infrastructure to achieve their own ends (as you proudly say on your web-site: "[our] service has been free for almost 12 months. We are using this service to promote other services we offer.")

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
jimfla

Thanks for the info. We never had any intention of abuse of the service. If there is a way we can integrate this feature in the future, let me know.

It's all about bringing the best services together. You have the best service and we will continue to promote it on our site. thanks again.