Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-06-2006, 03:32 AM   #1
Cyberian75

Cyberian75 is on a distinguished road
Question Inbound Provider Question

Hello;

If I add BV as a provider and have my ATA register to Voxalot as my primary VSP (Line 1), inbound calls via BV woiuld ring my ATA Line 1, right? And would I be able to use the gateways of my SPA3K to make calls instead of through Voxalot Dial Plans?

Also, is there a way to turn voicemail off?

Thanks.

Last edited by Cyberian75; 09-06-2006 at 03:35 AM.
Cyberian75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
klydal

klydal is on a distinguished road

From my experience I have found that you can only get BV to register with voxalot for outgoing calls. The only way I got this to work was using the domain sip.broadvoice.com. I tried using different BV proxies, but they never seemed to register for me. I think BV doesn't work with voxalot because it has both a domain and a proxy, which voxalot only allows you to put one domain/proxy. You could have incoming calls to your BV number forward to a DID that pointed to your voxalot number. Ipkall works great with voxalot. Better yet you do simultaneous calling to your DID that points to voxalot and you make sure that your BV voicemail picks up before the voxalot voicemail. I say this because right now I don't think there is a way to disable voxalot's voicemail. The set back to this is if you have the BYOD or unlimited instate plan. You might run out of minutes or pay a few dollars extra a month. It would also be hard to tell if the call originated from BV when it rings your ATA unless you have it to ring another phone like your cell also.
klydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
Cyberian75

Cyberian75 is on a distinguished road

I've given up on it, but thanks anyway.
Cyberian75 is offline   Reply With Quote