Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
heartspeace

heartspeace is on a distinguished road
Question Voicemail Message waiting is not resetting

On my account I have no voicemail messages, and I have reset the ATA unit. I still have the stuttering voicemail dialtone telling me that I have a message waiting on the Voxalot server. I even tried toggling voicemail to on and off - but same thing...

any help?

Michael
heartspeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2008, 01:51 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Depending on the ATA you have there is a few things to consider:

1. On most Linksys Based adapters such as the PAP2 there is a Voice Mail Server field, fill this out weith xx.voxalot.com where xx is us, eu or au

2. To stop the stutter for this time around you'll have to find the MWI Subscribe setting and manually toggle it to No (It is found under the User tab on a PAP2). It is along with DND, Call Waiting and CWCID settings.

3. This maybe of interest regarding MWI refresh intervals http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11602

4. I have had to deal with this personally, and I have found that:
-Setting up as suggested in step 1
-Also when checking messages, rather than deleting new messages after hearing them, saving them to the Old Messages folder, then deleting them afterwards

seems to keep this issue from repeating....

Other related threads:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...h-no-msgs.html
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-interval.html
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
heartspeace

Exclamation

I did all that you said... by turning off MWI, etc. I was able to disable the stutter tone... and I cleared out the messages, etc. After turning it back on - after days - it goes straight back to the stutter done without messages. I have to assume that voxalot is setting the mwi etc from its servers, but it is incorrect. Can someone at voxalot check on this for me, and tell me what is exactly wrong?

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Depending on the ATA you have there is a few things to consider:

1. On most Linksys Based adapters such as the PAP2 there is a Voice Mail Server field, fill this out weith xx.voxalot.com where xx is us, eu or au

2. To stop the stutter for this time around you'll have to find the MWI Subscribe setting and manually toggle it to No (It is found under the User tab on a PAP2). It is along with DND, Call Waiting and CWCID settings.

3. This maybe of interest regarding MWI refresh intervals http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11602

4. I have had to deal with this personally, and I have found that:
-Setting up as suggested in step 1
-Also when checking messages, rather than deleting new messages after hearing them, saving them to the Old Messages folder, then deleting them afterwards

seems to keep this issue from repeating....

Other related threads:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...h-no-msgs.html
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-interval.html
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartspeace View Post
I did all that you said... by turning off MWI, etc. I was able to disable the stutter tone... and I cleared out the messages, etc. After turning it back on - after days - it goes straight back to the stutter done without messages. I have to assume that voxalot is setting the mwi etc from its servers, but it is incorrect. Can someone at voxalot check on this for me, and tell me what is exactly wrong?

Michael
You should not need to turn it back on... It will trigger back on its own the next time you receive a message...

So:

1. MWI set to NO
2. When you have a new message it'll automatically return back on
3. Listen to the message, then save it to the old messages folder
4. Within 3-5 minutes the stutter tone should be off
5. You can now erase the message when you have a moment
Unread 07-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #5
heartspeace

Question

I am using a linksys spa3102. I have two fields VMWI Serv: and MWI Serv: I thought that these were used to tell if you want these services or not, not as a flag on the unit to say you have a message. Am I incorrect and read the documentation wrong? If I turn them off I don't believe that they will turn themselves on again.

Quote:
You should not need to turn it back on... It will trigger back on its own the next time you receive a message...

So:

1. MWI set to NO
2. When you have a new message it'll automatically return back on
3. Listen to the message, then save it to the old messages folder
4. Within 3-5 minutes the stutter tone should be off
5. You can now erase the message when you have a moment
Unread 07-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartspeace View Post
I am using a linksys spa3102. I have two fields VMWI Serv: and MWI Serv: I thought that these were used to tell if you want these services or not, not as a flag on the unit to say you have a message. Am I incorrect and read the documentation wrong? If I turn them off I don't believe that they will turn themselves on again.
This is my current setup...I have a PAP2, however the field arrangement should be pretty closely matched:

Unread 07-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
heartspeace

Thumbs up

Quote:
This is my current setup...I have a PAP2, however the field arrangement should be pretty closely matched:

Thanks - those shots helped a lot. For the SPA3102 and the SPA3000 those settings are two different places. The MWI VMWI is under Line 1, while the Message Waiting is under User 1. This is what I was confused about and could not locate. Seeing it under supplemental settings did the trick. Thank you very much!