Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road
Default Yet another "call forwarding not working" thread

Weeks ago I complained about call forwarding suddenly not working. Others have complained about the same thing. I even asked for a PM from Voxalot to help resolve the issue. I have received no response, and nothing users have suggested has worked.

Clearly there is a problem. Many people report call forwarding/call connection not working in a number of threads. For many of us, it used to work and then stopped working suddenly a few weeks back. For some, it has never worked.

I have tried many different call forwarding rules on my two premium Voxalot accounts in two different countries, on a number of ATAs, on a number of internet and Voip providers, etc. I have also tried various Voxalot servers, including one user's suggestion that I try proxy01.us1.voxalot.com, Nothing works.

Does Voxalot believe that paying customers deserve no support and no fix for this problem? If that's the case perhaps somebody should tell us instead of ignoring the problem.

Last edited by toolio; 05-23-2010 at 05:28 PM.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Have you tried eu.voxalot.com? au.voxalot.com?

I experienced different problems (member call, dial plan update, common dial-out, vm access...) recently. Each could have its own fix under a specific proxy. For example, I am with eu.voxalot.com, at least most of my dial-plan works at most time (not always). But member call not working, nor vm. I just use the *010 for member call. I noticed under proxy01.us1.voxalot.com, my vm has no problem but my dial-plan not working completely. Hence, every week recently, I switched once to proxy01.us1.voxalot.com to listen to all of my vm and cleaned them out. Then back to eu.voxalot.com for my daily dial/call. The way it is.
Sometimes, dial-plan was not working well, VSP_A and VSP_B was mixed (I really don't know why). I have to temporarily delete my betamax account to avoid mis-use by other VSPs.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
Have you tried eu.voxalot.com? au.voxalot.com?
I have tried all servers, without success. Even if the two you mentioned worked, they would not be the solution for me. I spend most of my time in Brazil and latency to those servers is high.

I have no betamax accounts, nor have I ever had any (that has been mentioned as a possible problem, as you have discovered).

I'm glad you can fix some of your problems by switching servers regularly. But that sounds like a real complication for you, and in my opinion nobody should have to do that just to receive the services Voxalot promises. I see nothing in their instruction about how we should switch servers regularly to get our voicemail, forwarding, working etc.

I wish Voxalot would simply fix this issue. Or at least respond to it in some meaningful way.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Yep, the latency is a big issue if using proxy at eu/au.

Latency by au.voxalot is unacceptable (over 240 ms). I have to switch to eu.voxalot.com (some 200 ms). us.voxalot.com has 100ms latency, but it won't work for me. I believe the two usa servers are up but work improperly.
Sounds none looks into the usa server problem. According to my VSP change log, about a month, the us server doesn't have any update (I removed two VSPs from my account, #1 and #5 last April. supposed I should see the VSP re-number soon but it doesn't happen, I see still #2, #3, #4, #6... they should be renumbered as #1, #2, #3... ).

I am running a basic account, mainly use betamax. couldn't complain much on free service. Just wish it's better.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote