Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default 4 to 5 Second Delay between Transfer (SIP Registration Service)

Hi

The new SIP Registration Service is fantastic and provides a very useful service, but there is one issue with how it works and I was wondering if there is anyway of resolving it.

When someone calls one of my VSPs that is registered with Voxalot, the caller can hear the initial ringing, then it stops. (when it is answered by Voxalot/Asterisk) Then there is a 4 to 5 second delay with no further audible indicators (ringing) indicating that the call is still going through. Then after the 4 to 5 seconds of silence, the ringing continues as the called VSP account rings.

This 4 to 5 second delay can be misinterpreted by callers as a dead line and they may hang up.

Anyone else is experiencing this delay?

Any known solutions or solutions in the work?

Regards

Richard

Last edited by richard; 06-03-2006 at 10:57 PM.
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

I just made test calls to DID's through FreeDigits (registered), IPKall (forwarded), and StanaPhone (registered). The ringing on the caller's side and on my VoXaLot phone was normal with no interruptions. I've been doing a lot of testing this past week and haven't noticed the symptom you described.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Hi Ron

Thanks for your response.

As a result I did some more troubleshooting and it seems that calling from SipDiscount was the culprit. When using SipDiscount (calling from the eyeBEAM Softphone), it introduces this DELAY. I was using SIPDiscount to test my long distance DID as it is effectively free.

When using another VSP (vBuzzer) or through my regular PSTN phone, there is NO 4 to 5 second delay.

Problem solved.

Thanks

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote