Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
vientito

vientito is on a distinguished road
Default works by pstn gateway but not direct voxalot

I have a strange problem with a friend. It comes to my attention recently that sometimes her voxalot number could not be reached by my voxalot phone. When I dial the number I hear total silence for about 6-7 secs then the voicemail comes on. During this time of difficulty, I could dial the local PSTN gateway thru sipbroker to ring her phone.

Then a while later, everything goes back to normal. This happens so random that I could not pin down to what exactly is causing this issue.

As far as voxalot goes, her case is the only one I have come across. All the voxalot accounts I have installed are fine and working normally. All except this one.

Any suggestion?
vientito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
vientito

I find something curious. The voicemail timeout setting for my friend's voxalot account is 27 secs. So the silence in fact does last 27 secs before VM comes out. I have made more than enough counting to convince myself of this. If I hear ringing, it is also after 27 seconds before VM got activated.

Tonight I checked on my syslog output and it is very clear that whenever there is ringing the 180 ringing message will get recorded in my log while silence really means there are no 180 ok messages.

I hope someone will give me a good clue before i delve into more detailed logging. Thanks
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
vientito

Oh forgot to mention while during time of trouble I could actually make call from Twinkle registering to voxalot account. And it seems to work perfectly without ringing problem experienced by my spa2102.
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
vientito

one more thing I have observed during silence my spa2102 call 1 state is always on calling instead of proceeding, so i am conjecturing the serve has not really established connection with remote device. what's weird is that twinkle and sipbroker are able to do that at the exact moment