Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #11
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Martin,

Any idea why registrations with FWD started failing about 24 hours ago? No changes here.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #12
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ron,

I just checked the complete list of FWD registrations and about 98% are "Registered".

FYI the next registration cycle is 12 hours from now.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
I just checked the complete list of FWD registrations and about 98% are "Registered".

FYI the next registration cycle is 12 hours from now.
I haven't made any changes on my end or at VoXaLot. If everything is running correctly, VoXaLot would be renewing the registration every hour, I believe. Are you saying that once a registration fails, it doesn't retry for another 24 hours?

Ron
Unread 10-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #14
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

When a registration fails the system retries 10 more times at 4 min intervals. If it is still failing then it is parked until the next registration cycle.

If the status on the web page is "Failed" then this means it has been parked.

Without these safe guards in place, registrations that are failing would continue to bombard the server with messages.

Unread 10-05-2006, 02:57 AM   #15
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

My FWD account is also not registered (reported as Failed). Everything else that is supposed to work is working as far as I can tell. This my be related to how my FWD 'worked' or failed to with Voxalot prior to the server moved--it never showed as Registered and always showed as Request Sent although that didn't seem to impede calls in or out. However now it just tells us it failed.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:19 AM   #16
lithgow

lithgow is on a distinguished road
Default voxalot.com not working from SPA-3000 for last couple of days

I have had my SPA-3000 set up with Voxalot as a gateway in order to add two extra providers for outgoing calls.

My voxalot status shows these two providers as being registered correctly, but when I try to dial out to them via voxalot.com.au, I get a busy tone and an invalid status showing for Line 1 on the SPA-3000's Info page.

I've made sure that the password and user Id's and dial plans are all fine (and none of this stuff changed, anyway, and it was all working perfectly earlier in the week).

Any ideas? I'm on AAPT ADSL, BTW.

-Malcolm.
lithgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:21 AM   #17
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor View Post
My FWD account is also not registered (reported as Failed). Everything else that is supposed to work is working as far as I can tell. This my be related to how my FWD 'worked' or failed to with Voxalot prior to the server moved--it never showed as Registered and always showed as Request Sent although that didn't seem to impede calls in or out. However now it just tells us it failed.
Same symptoms here. Prior to the upgrade, FWD status was always 'Request Sent', but was in fact registered as I could receive incoming calls. After the upgrade, FWD status was always 'Registered' and I could receive incoming calls. Yesterday, FWD status changed to 'Failed' and I can no longer receive incoming calls.

You and I must be the 2% failures <g>.

Ron
Unread 10-05-2006, 04:09 AM   #18
martin

There are 198 FWD regisitrations of which 142 are registered (this is across both servers). The next registration cycle is in 5 hours. I will monitor what happens then.

Unread 10-05-2006, 05:21 AM   #19
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
There are 198 FWD regisitrations of which 142 are registered (this is across both servers). The next registration cycle is in 5 hours. I will monitor what happens then.
Sounds like the number of FWD failures has risen considerably since the last check. Hopefully that will make it a little easier to see what is happening. Thanks a bunch for looking into this.

Ron
Unread 10-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #20
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road

My SPA3102 won't currently register with Voxalot (was working till about 5pm GMT yesterday).

Is there any way we can see if we're being rejected? It works if I connect it direct to Sipgate.
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote