Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
mimecine

mimecine is on a distinguished road
Default vitelity tells me I'm not registered, but you do..

Hi, I just emailed with Vitelity about their DID telling me the line is occupied when you guys say I'm registered, but I got the below reply back - essentially blaming you guys. Now, who do I really chase to fix this? You, them or me?

I am 885589 on Voxalot.
I have:
1 DID through Teliax that works fine on the account, both in- and outgoing.
1 DID through Vitelity that only works outgoing (but with a different DID I had with them, it worked great both ways)
(just for the curious, both providers are so-so in call-quality, but that is not the current issue)

So their answer:
------------------

Your PBX is rejecting the calls.

-- Executing Dial(\"SIP/646XXXXXXX@kios_xxxx|90\") in new stack
-- Called 646XXXXXXX@kios_xxxx
-- Got SIP response 484 \"Address Incomplete\" back from 64.34.173.199
== No one is available to answer at this time (1:0/0/0)

This is something that will have to be resolved on your end

------------------
And I'm clueless as to what to do/say next...

My fuzzy theory: Since I had a different DID pointed to the same account, some sort of register at Voxalot's end has that ip/user/did-combo cached and it needs to be 'reset' somewhere.

The kios_xxxx above is my username at Vitelity and I have in Vitelity's settings told them to connect to a PBX over SIP.
mimecine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
mimecine

Default subject?

Ok, the subject is not descriptive really. I don't think the error has anything to do with wether or not I am registered from Voxalot.

Oh, I forgot to say that I tried to remove the account and re-add it again, but no go...
Unread 06-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I understand Vitelity has a more complex configuration for interacting with Voxalot when you want to receive calls (configuring Voxalot for simply sending calls via Vitelity is very simple) and if not set up right, it does things like you're experiencing. I don't have a Vitelity inbound right now to test with, but the following was suggested to me by someone who did get it to work:

Under "Sub Accounts" set "NAT enabled" to the account utilized for Vitelity Inbound, if not already selected.

Under "DIDs" --> "DID Routing" configure the following:
Protocol = SIP
Type = ATA Device, IP Phone or Softphone
Account = Selected the proper account or sub-account you configured Voxalot to register with for Inbound.

Under you Voxalot account portal
In the provider entry for Vitelity inbound enter:
Host: inbound1.vitelity.net (enter the Proxy listed at your Vitelity account portal, under the "Support" tab, at the category "Asterisk Configuration Samples --> SIP.conf" then the bolded portion of the first line "register => user:password@inbound1.vitelity.net:5060"; this might be different somehow from the one given here as an example)
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
mimecine

None of the combinations work. I always get a busy signal (from voxalot?).
I think I have tried every possible combination of settings from Vitelity and Voxalot...
Unread 07-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I am sorry to hear it is not working; just out of curiosity does it work at all if you directly register your SIP device to it and bypass Voxalot entirely? The fact that your previous vitelity did worked (works?) makes it especially hard to understand.

"My fuzzy theory: Since I had a different DID pointed to the same account, some sort of register at Voxalot's end has that ip/user/did-combo cached and it needs to be 'reset' somewhere." I am not able to check on that myself, to see if that makes sense or anything, but someone like Martin might have to do that when he is available.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote