Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
engineerdan

engineerdan is on a distinguished road
Default Registered to Europe - Not US

I'm just getting started with Voxalot so this is likely a configuration error on my end. However, I'm puzzled that my Peer Status (shown under "sip show peers" in Asterisk, pasted below) shows that I'm connected to the Europe server when the Voxalot status page shows the U.S. server to be up.

Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Port Status
voxalot/999999 85.17.19.194 N 5060 OK (110 ms)

Am I doing something wrong?

~ Dan
engineerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Hmm,

1. The service status page is manually updated (so it is not in real time).

2. Due to some issues recently, SRV failover was implemented: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...lemention.html

I suspect one of two things happening:
-Asterisk doing an improper SRV lookup and using the third entry for us.voxalot.com
-There was actually some downtime on the US server and the system correctly failed over...

At this time (or whenever you read this):
-What does your system report
-What does this report http://voxalot.com/action/deviceRegistrations (need to be logged into the web account)
-Do they match?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
engineerdan

engineerdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
At this time (or whenever you read this):
-What does your system report
-What does this report http://voxalot.com/action/deviceRegistrations -Do they match?
emoci,

Thank you for your prompt reply and insight.

My system, now and yesterday evening, now reports a connection to the US server. This perfectly matches the Voxalot Device Registration status.

I had presumed the SRV failover had been implemented but was surprised that I didn't see discussion of an outage in this forum. I suppose that's proof that the failover is truly seamless!

Cordially,

~ Dan
engineerdan is offline   Reply With Quote