Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Closed Thread
Unread 07-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #81
dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

If I subscribe to voxpremium will I be able to use voipbuster or voipcheap for Callforwarding ? It's still not working with the eu server.
Unread 07-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #82
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

This is a problem we need to work jointly with Betamax on and won't be looked at until after the 16th.

If this is the deciding factor for you to upgrade to premium, then my advice is to wait until a resolution is announced.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
Unread 07-13-2007, 02:42 AM   #83
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Not sure why you state that Call Forwarding via Betamax service does not work.

It worked for me per the testing I did a few days ago.
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post10111

The only time it does not seem to work is when I dial my Voxalot account (*010-xxxxxx) directly via a SIP Broker Access No.

If I dial into my Account via a DID or a another registerd SIP account (non-Voxalot), Call forwarding worked every time.

My Account was registered on a harware SIP device on the us.voxalot.com server. Is there a difference to the eu server behaviour?

Thanks
Unread 07-13-2007, 03:11 AM   #84
wycodreams

wycodreams is on a distinguished road
Question

Hi Martin, i think that you sale the basic voxalot service in $25 dollars, but with unlimited registers (equal to free service), and premium service in $30 dollars with calltruh, callforwarding, callback, etc. Many users have many providers and the basic and premium account, dont work for us, is very expensive. Please Martin help us.
Unread 07-13-2007, 05:06 AM   #85
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Not sure why you state that Call Forwarding via Betamax service does not work.
It's a bit hit and miss at the moment due to IP addresses not being passed. To make it 100% effective we need to pass an IP address (similar to what we did a few months back).

This is why it works some of the time and at other times does not.

Unread 07-13-2007, 05:09 AM   #86
martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycodreams View Post
Hi Martin, i think that you sale the basic voxalot service in $25 dollars, but with unlimited registers (equal to free service), and premium service in $30 dollars with calltruh, callforwarding, callback, etc. Many users have many providers and the basic and premium account, dont work for us, is very expensive. Please Martin help us.
Unfortunately having unlimited provider registrations puts a real drain on our infrastructure. In fact, provider registrations are the main reason we need to add servers to our infrastructure. This is why we were forced to move registrations into premium.

At the moment it is literally costing us many thousands of dollars a month, which is a cost we can not sustain.

98% of our members have 10 or less providers. If you are one of the 2% with more than 10 then I suggest emailing us to discuss your options.

Unread 07-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #87
v164

v164 is a jewel in the roughv164 is a jewel in the rough
Default burden of provider registrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Unfortunately having unlimited provider registrations puts a real drain on our infrastructure. In fact, provider registrations are the main reason we need to add servers to our infrastructure. This is why we were forced to move registrations into premium.
I suspect that this is because it has proven to be more difficult than expected to unproxy the RTP traffic (the voice packets) for incoming calls using the Provider registrations feature, as Martin mentions here:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...ces-b2bua.html

However, incoming calls from providers (possibly with less redundancy (eg, no RTP proxying)) should still be possible by using a custom SIP client to register your VoXaLot SIP URI for being contacted on with your provider yourself, as Martin confirms here:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...ly-needed.html
Unread 07-14-2007, 01:50 AM   #88
kurun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycodreams View Post
Not sure why you need so many providers.
Outgoing providers should be unregistered and are still unlimited in Voxalot.

If possible try to get incoming numbers via unregistered DID provider using call forwarding. This works far more reliably because you do not have to worry about loss of registration, between Voxalot and the provider.
Unread 07-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #89
sdf

sdf is on a distinguished road

Hi i have been thinking about my options i have 3 accounts each with my net phone so vox basic is no good for me do i need to buy 3 x vox lite accounts or would vox premium with 5 registration work for me?

the 3 accounts are at different locations

Thanks
Unread 07-15-2007, 03:36 AM   #90
kurun

It might work if you do not mind all the phones to ring at the same time at all 3 locations for every incoming call. First one to answer, gets the call. Is this OK for you ?

Also, some providers do not like or allow this kind of set-up, and you will get unreliable ringing, rings at Phone A, and not B or C.

You might want to try it out before VoxPremium goes live !!
Closed Thread