Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
joeturner

joeturner is on a distinguished road
Default no voicemail, no nothing

Hello,

Calls are not being diverted to voicemail via sipgate. If x-lite is open, the call comes through, but if it is not, the call is completely dead, no voicemail nothing.

I like voxalot and the community, but I'm afraid the system is too unstable to be used sensibly. I'd like my account reset as soon as possible (I've deactivated all my accounts) the number is 863174@voxalot.com

I'll be back when the service is better!

Thanks
joeturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

joeturner,

There are no issues with the service and everyhting is running smoothly. I think the issue is more likely to be your X-Lite settings. We would have been happy to work with you and understanding why you are having these problems.

We will however de-activate your account as requested. Give me a shout when you want it re-activated.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.

Last edited by martin; 10-16-2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2006, 07:52 AM   #3
joeturner

Hi,

No, it isn't anything to do with x-lite as far as I see. Calls are fine when x-lite is online, but nothing happens when x-lite is offline. I can't see how that is anything to do with the softphone - the call should trip to the answerphone, but nothing happens.

I am happy to experiment with anyone to try to resolve this issue. Thanks for deactivating, I appreciate your speedy response.

Regards

joe

[edit]

Although the account is deactivated, I am still getting messages that calls have been tripped to voxalot.

Last edited by joeturner; 10-17-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Unread 10-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

SIP registrations are a funny thing. If your device or ATA tells the server to expire the registration in say 4 hours then even if you disconnect from the service the server will not expire the registration until the elapsed time.

The X-Lite settings I was elluding to were around the registration settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeturner View Post
Although the account is deactivated, I am still getting messages that calls have been tripped to voxalot.
PM me your provider and username and I will check they are not in the cache.

Unread 10-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
joeturner

Ah, I didn't know that.

Anyway, the service has disentangled itself and now trips to sipgate email when offline.

Maybe there is some confusion between sipgate and voxalot servers about who is to provide voicemail and when..?

j

[edit]

Martin, you were right and I was wrong. There is a setting in the voicemail tag of x-lite which appeared to have become checked and I am guessing this was influencing the voxalot account even when x-lite was not logged in. I wonder if this might have happened during a recent automatic upgrade of x-lite, as voxalot was working perfectly before then.

Last edited by joeturner; 10-17-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 10-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
martin

Quote:
There is a setting in the voicemail tag of x-lite which appeared to have become checked and I am guessing this was influencing the voxalot account even when x-lite was not logged in. I wonder if this might have happened during a recent automatic upgrade of x-lite, as voxalot was working perfectly before then.
Sounds like it could be the case. If you want the account re-activated to try again just let me know. It's no problem to setup.

Last edited by martin; 10-17-2006 at 11:28 AM.