Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #1
patag

patag is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with Voxalot forwarding.

Hi.. I'm using Voxalot with Mynetfone.. At the moment I have Voxalot forwarding calls to my mobile.

I'm using the "Call forward" feature under the Member menu.

My mobile rings ok... it displays my Mynetfone DID as the incoming call.. which is to be expected.. (would be nice if it could show the original caller instead).

When my mobile rings.. if I don't answer it within 10 seconds.. the call goes to my message bank.. this is fine, so -

- if someone calls my Mynetfone DID
-> voxalot forwards to my mobile
-> my mobile rings, forwards to message bank if not answered (mobile message bank)

The above does not always work.

When my mobile calls... if I don't answer it, the following happens around 20% of the time..

- someone calls my Mynetfone DID
-> my mobile starts ringing
-> I don't answer my mobile in time..
-> instead of the person hearing my message bank... it keeps ringing forever! they never get to the messagebank
-> the person then just hangs up in frustration
-> my mobile then says I have a new voice message
-> i listen to the voice message... it's just full of static & garbage! nothing that resembles a voice at all.

The remaining 80% of the time.. the person will get to my message bank as normal.

The problem is - as the incoming call is displayed as my Mynetfone DID.. I have no way to determine who called if they didn't leave a voice message. I can't call them back!

Can Voxalot log incoming calls in some way? (ie log caller ID)

Or, can anyone explain why some calls don't go to messagebank?

Am I using Voxalot correctly?

Thanks.
patag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
patag

Also, why doesn't the voxalot voicemail service answer?

Under the Voxalot Ringing duration (in seconds), I have it set to 20 seconds.... however if I call the DID, and let my mobile just ring out... after a while my mobile will stop ringing, but I will hear the dial tone go on for ever (from the DID side).
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:50 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

You need to isolate where the problem lies. By that I mean, is the problem on the Voxalot call forwarding side or the DID side?

To do this I would suggest the following approach.

With the call forwarding rules in place, call one of the SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers and at the prompt dial *010xxxxxx where xxxxxx is your Voxalot number.

The call forwarding rules should kick in and you should be able to test if the calls consistently goto voicemail.

By performing this test it will help you identify where your problem is.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:52 AM   #4
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by patag View Post
Also, why doesn't the voxalot voicemail service answer?

Under the Voxalot Ringing duration (in seconds), I have it set to 20 seconds.... however if I call the DID, and let my mobile just ring out... after a while my mobile will stop ringing, but I will hear the dial tone go on for ever (from the DID side).
You will find that the voicemail is in fact kicking in (hence the mobile stops ringing)

This is a problem we have seen in the past with some other DID providers. There was a similar problem with DIDWW if memory serves me well.

Try searching the forum for DIDWW

Edit: Here is the link http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...ail-issue.html

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:57 AM   #5
patag

I may have caused some confusion... i was originally using the voicemail service on my mobile.

I have now turned this off.

I want to use the voxalot voice mail service.

The problem is - the call never goes to the voxalot voice mail service... If a customer calls the DID -> the call is redirected to my mobile.... if I don't answer it, the customer will hear the ringing tone forever!... eventually hanging up in frustration.

I can only get the voxalot voice mail service working.. if I specifically tell the Voxalot to forward inbound calls to Voicemail.

I want it to working in the following way -

Forward inbound call to: Phone number..

after 10 rings.. it forwards to voxalot voicemail.

Under member details I have "Voicemail active" set to yes..... but it still never gets to voxalot voicemail.

Any ideas?
Unread 07-04-2007, 05:06 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

I had the exact same thing happen. Check to see that the provider of the DID you are calling, is not registered somewhere else (other account, PAP2 device, SoftPhone that's on).

Easy way to make sure, change the password for that Provider, and update it on VoXalot.

Also, once you forward calls, VoXalot voicemail, doesn't come up even if Active.

--Ignore from here on, if above works--

Best solution I've found, although may not be too easy to follow (and will cost you after the 16th):

1. Register your cell for PhoneGnome
2. In PhoneGnome, under features, activate Remote Calls, check to ring bothhome and softgnome.
3. Add your DID Provider in VoXalot
4. Add PhoneGnome account Details in VoXalot (Active and Register to No).
5. Now forward calls to your cell, using PhoneGnome as provider (this is also free)
6. Have Voicemail off.
7. Now if you want a separate Voicemail for when people call your did number (So someone calls DID, cell rings, you don't pick up, but instead of going to Cell VoiceMail, it goes to Voxalot Voicemail) continue.
8. Open another VoXalot Account
9. Here add the same PhoneGnome acocunt, but with Active and Register to Yes
10. Have Voicemail On, after 20 sec (play with this so it is a shorter time than your cell voicemail)
11. Register this second Voxalot account on a device that is on most of the time
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote