Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #1

244751 will become famous soon enough
Default Issues with mobile.voxalot.com

For a week now I am having issues logginig into mobile.voxalot.com on my mobile phone and its worked fine in the past. I am able to access the website, I log in successfully but when I click on the mobil call-back link I get the error messages "error 413: unable to display this page". I have not changed anything on my end and this was working beautifully before. Has anything changed? Please help
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

New links have been added to the page recently (editting functions)
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

HTTP return code 413 is because the request packet is too large (see HTTP/1.1: Status Code Definitions). If you do some searching around on google, you will see that this is a common problem with some phones and mobile browsers.

Are you sure that you are browsing mobile.voxalot.com with your phone (or are you somehow browsing www.voxalot.com)?

If I could ask you to possibly try again, keep track of the urls that you go to and the exact time you did the test, and post back here and I will check the logs on my side to see if I can see anything.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2007, 01:46 AM   #4

Default Issues with mobile.voxalot.com

I just tried logging in again about 5 mins ago, its 7.42pm Friday Oct 26th, and I am still getting the error message 413: Page cannot be displayed.

Its quite frustrating since I was able to log in before with no problems I will try deleting some of my callback setup and see if will work. I'll post a message back here if it does.
Unread 10-27-2007, 02:08 AM   #5

I deleted all my prestored webcallback numbers and now the page displays, I find this new changes very unfriendly and difficult to navigate on my phone. Would it be possible to have an alternate website for those who were happy with the old display.
Unread 10-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #6
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
I just tried logging in again about 5 mins ago, its 7.42pm Friday Oct 26th, and I am still getting the error message 413: Page cannot be displayed.
Thanks for the updated info. It's really weird... in our server logs, all of your requests are returning with a status code of 200 (success).

Are you with Rogers, per chance? Doing some googling around, I see that there are many instances where Motorola users on the Rogers network are experiencing this problem. My best guess is that their proxy gets the successful response from our server and decides that it is too big and gives your phone a 413. Very weird! I wonder if there is anything in your provider's terms and conditions about it...

If this is the case, then even on the old layout, you would eventually get bitten (depending on how many entries you have stored). Just out of curiosity, what happens if you surf other non-mobile friendly sites? Do you get a 413 in those cases too?

Anyway, how to fix it? I guess I could revert to the original page. However, there are a lot of people that have asked for the number entry functionality. I think that I will probably leave the default mobile web callback page as it is, but create a separate page that just contains the pre-saved names (like we used to have). Would that help?

--
Craig
Unread 11-01-2007, 03:15 AM   #7

Yes please, I use fido (which I believe is also owned by rogers). With the old display I had no issues.

The idea behind the new display is nice but the layout is so distorted on my mobile phone that it almost unuseable, the fact that I have a lot of providers doesn't help so I have to scroll down a very long list to enter my destination number. If the field for entering my number was designed or dispalying in the same way the destination number field, at least it wouldn't be too bad.

Also the edit and delete functions that have beeb added means i have to scroll through a lot more to reach the fields where I enter phone numbers.

I found the old screen a lot easier to use even though I have to preset the numbers I call on the website first and I have never had any difficulties loading the website before and believe me I had a lot of prestored numbers.
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Thanks for the updated info. It's really weird... in our server logs, all of your requests are returning with a status code of 200 (success).

Are you with Rogers, per chance? Doing some googling around, I see that there are many instances where Motorola users on the Rogers network are experiencing this problem. My best guess is that their proxy gets the successful response from our server and decides that it is too big and gives your phone a 413. Very weird! I wonder if there is anything in your provider's terms and conditions about it...

If this is the case, then even on the old layout, you would eventually get bitten (depending on how many entries you have stored). Just out of curiosity, what happens if you surf other non-mobile friendly sites? Do you get a 413 in those cases too?

Anyway, how to fix it? I guess I could revert to the original page. However, there are a lot of people that have asked for the number entry functionality. I think that I will probably leave the default mobile web callback page as it is, but create a separate page that just contains the pre-saved names (like we used to have). Would that help?

--
Craig
Hi Craig, remember me? I'm one of those who are very happy with the new interface .
The only thing as stated in the other post is the entry field at the bottom instead of the top and as stated here, the edit and delete buttons make the scroll much longer.I really think that we could add or delete directly from the website and use the mobile callback just to direct-dial or enter the numbers in the fields and this way spend less time scrolling.
The old interface did not permit to enter a number directly and dial it when for example we are far from the computer.
So if it is possible, keep it like that (with the number entries on top of the page ) but i can understand the demand of the previous poster.
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I am also getting a similar problem with my phone - I am getting an unknown repsonse error when I click on Mobile Call-Back and it returns to the same page. Nokia 3510i on Orange -UK

Last edited by chatalot; 11-01-2007 at 07:53 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
craig

I think, as a happy compromise, what I am going to do is have two pages: Basic and Advanced.

The Basic page will be the same as the original layout (ie. just the list of names).

The Advanced page will contain the new functionality where you can enter the numbers and edit/delete. Also, instead of the "[Edit]" and "[Delete]" text, I am going to try using two very small icons (about 300 bytes each).

That way, each user can choose whichever one they most prefer.

--
Craig