Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
loraolo

loraolo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Voxalot PSTN gateways are not working

Hi Martin,

I've never tried to call my voxalot nuber from the Italian Voxalot PSTN gateway numbers (+39 02 320626925 and +39 06 916504919).

What I found is that trying call gateway above I cannot perform any calls to my voxalot numbers. What I can hear is a voice asking for the desired number to dial and then just a busy signal and no riniging phone.

FYI: I'm trying both '*010' + <voxalot number> and <voxalot number> alone.

Am I wrong in any way?
Thanks for the support
loraolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
flaquadrat

flaquadrat is on a distinguished road

Hallo loraolo!

I tested from Austria calling +39 02 320626925 and then *010xxxxxx.
Everything is working fine.

Are You connected with Your SIP device or Soft-phone with Voxalot?
Voicemail activated?

EDIT:
.... and if You call from device connected with account 123456 and You call account 123456 -> then You will get (always) bussy signal.

regards,
Fla

Last edited by flaquadrat; 09-03-2007 at 05:21 PM.
flaquadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
loraolo

I'm calling my voxalot account registered both on a SIP IP Phone and a SIP ATA device.

If I try to call from my IP Phone my voxalot account registered with it I receive the Voxalot VoiceMail message.

That's is all and still is not working.
Thanks anyway
Unread 09-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #4
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road

I agree with you guys, yesterday was same problem in US Chicago and even Portland PSTN were behaving weired. Either calls to Voxalot were dropping or was not dialing out.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 06:41 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by loraolo View Post
I'm calling my voxalot account registered both on a SIP IP Phone and a SIP ATA device.

If I try to call from my IP Phone my voxalot account registered with it I receive the Voxalot VoiceMail message.

That's is all and still is not working.
Thanks anyway
Always try *010-xxxxxx

Also, calling from a Phone/Device that is already registered with the VoXalot account you are calling will naturally send you to voicemail

(Let's say you have VoXalot account 123456, and have it registered on a SIP IP Phone and SIP ATA Device:

If the SIP IP Phone registered with 123456, is used to call SipBroker and then dial *010123456, then you'll be sent to VM because 123456 is in use making the call, you are using your VoXalot account to call yourself, that same VoXalot acocunt... I hope you get my point)

Try using a landline, or another VoIP account to originate the call, or have a friend call you....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Try using a landline, or another VoIP account to originate the call, or have a friend call you....
This is good advice. The PSTN numbers are designed to handle calls from fixed line or mobiles. Although they should also work from VoIP originated phones they are not always guaranteed to do so.

If you have a problem with a particular access number please post it here:

http://forum.voxalot.com/sip-broker-...us-thread.html

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
Tylo

Tylo is on a distinguished road

I have heard from a few friends i've set up on voxalot that they too have been having issues the past few days with both the Toronto and LA sipbroker numbers.

Anyone else having problems with them?
Tylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Nope, everything's fine here.I see a lot of premium members here.Can you guys check that you don not have a call forwarding or something else activated which could block the incoming call let's say regarding for example the caller Id?
BTW, works great in here, on the EU server.
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
loraolo

Thumbs up

Ok guys, Emoci and Martin were right!

The root cause of my problem is that the the incoming call was originated by a Betamax VoIP (voipstunt) and for this reason I got the mentioned busy line from PSTN gateway.

As I were trying to call by a real PSTN line the problem disappeared. All is working fine as Martin said: 'The PSTN numbers are designed to handle calls from fixed line or mobiles. Although they should also work from VoIP originated phones they are not always guaranteed to do so'.

Thanks to everyone
bye