Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-26-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
isidoro

isidoro is on a distinguished road
Default Dropping out

I have an spa 3102 installed in the Philippines. It works fine but the only problem is the unit is intermitent in the sense that after a call is established (VOIP-to PSTN) and both parties hang up, there are instances when the unit does not go in ready mode (phone led does not lit) and when you try to call the unit. it does not ring and I get a voice mail greeting from the service provider instead. I have to wait around 15 minutes before I could access the unit again. Any solution to these problem? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis
It sounds like you either aren't hanging up correctly (which likely means that you don't have the SPA-3102 configured properly for the electrical properties of the "phone" you are using with the device), OR you are losing "registration" (which often relates to router setup issues). Either way, you need to properly identify the cause of the problem, before you can effectively work towards a solution (which could be as simple as as changing a few advanced settings in your adapter, or as complex as having your ISP fix a problem on their end).

NOTE: You said your phone is in the Philippines. If you are using a "local" (Philippines purchased) phone with the SPA-3102, than the "not hanging up properly" answer is most likely your problem. The reason for this, is that just about every country in the world uses "phones" with slightly different electrical properties (to match the phone systems that are common in that country), and the SPA-3102 is setup (by default) to handle North American (USA, Canada, etc) standard phones (not phones from other countries). So if you are using a Philippines phone (which might very well have different electrical properties) with the default "Regional" phone settings (in the adapter), it's likely that the adapter settings are not consistent with your phone. If so, please update your regional settings in your adapter (to match your phone), or get a USA phone! If you need help with these settings (and yes, they are a PITA to setup manually), check out the "Regionalization Wizard" over on the Voxilla web site.

NOTE: Please don't post support questions (such as this one) in PMs. Please post them in the proper support forums.

-- DracoFelis
I agree it ccould be either of the two you mentioned. Just some clarifications, is the "phone" you are referring the one connected to the phone port? I suppose that would be unlikely. The box operates w/o it and is used as a gateway to PSTN. After a VOIP to PSTN connection is established and both parties hang up their phone, there are intances the box looses the phone led light and I get a voice mail greeting instead as I try to make another VOIP-to-PSTN call. I tried fixing the disconnect tone settings and applying long silence feature but does not help much. It's very frustrating.

Last edited by emoci; 03-04-2008 at 04:42 AM.
isidoro is offline   Reply With Quote