Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
d3atiq

d3atiq is on a distinguished road
Question Call Connection problems

Hi,

I have registered several providers with Voxalot in order to be able to receive calls from all of them through my Voxalot account. The main motivation is that Voxalot allows me to do SIP registrations with TCP, which is much better for my iPhone battery than UDP. So I was hoping to use Voxalot as a kind of proxy for all those UDP-only providers while being able to register with TCP.

I have registered the following accounts:
US: BroadVoice
US: Callcentric
BR: Azzu
BR: Vono
but none of them directs incoming calls to my phone. In fact, BroadVoice, Azzu and Vono direct me to their voice mail services, as if no user agent were registered. Voxalot status for them is "Failed" for BroadVoice (but it took almost 24 hours to change from "Request sent" to "Failed") and "Registered" for Azzu and Vono.
Callcentric is quite different. It displays "Pending" status for some time, then reverts back to "-".
If I use BroadVoice DNS SRV records (proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com) as recommended by them the status is "Bad host". If I use proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com it ends up failing.
I have no way to tell whether BroadVoice or Azzu are registered, but Vono shows "The ATA device is registered." status in my Vono web account. Even so, it looks like the calls are directed to the voicemail. I don't understand.

First question is, where is the problem and how can I find out? Is there any detailed log information from Voxalot? Is there a way to contact Voxalot support directly?

Thanks for any help.

-- Douglas
d3atiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
d3atiq

Post Corrections

After I posted, I tried again with a few changes and found out the following:
Vono and Azzu are in fact registered successfully and I could not receive calls from them because my registration with Voxalot was being blocked by my cell phone provider. Now I am using another SIM that doesn't block incoming ports and they work.
However, BroadVoice and CallCentric still don't register. I would really like to get at least one of them working, BroadVoice being the preferred one as it is the one I have a DID with.

Cheers,
-- Douglas
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
d3atiq

Thumbs down Too soon to say

It seems that Vono and Azzu are not really working as expected. Apparently their registration didn't last but a few minutes. Now I get voice mail for them. It is too difficult to debug this multi provider scheme. I would really appreciate some serious help and tools from Voxalot to diagnose problems.

-- Douglas
Unread 09-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

I've already used Vono with Voxalot and it works fine. But if you are using US Voxalot server (in fact this is a cluster with two balanced servers), you may need to use, on your sip phone, 'proxy02.us1.voxalot.com' as your sip and proxy servers instead of 'us.voxalot.com'. The US Voxalot cluster have the following two addresses:

* 'proxy01.us1.voxalot.com' at 64.34.163.35 IPv4 address;
* and 'proxy02.us1.voxalot.com' at 64.34.173.199 IPv4 address.

The problem is that all Voice Service Providers (VSP) registrations are made from 'proxy02.us1.voxalot.com', while your sip phone may be registered at 'proxy01.us1.voxalot.com', especially if it has DNS SRV support (common in many voip software and hardware). In that case, Voxalot may assume that your sip phone is not registered, and your call will be sent to Voxalot voice mail box. So, I suggest to you using on your voip sip phone configuration 'proxy02.us1.voxalot.com' as you sip registration and proxy servers. You should also configure STUN server if it is not already configured.
Regards,
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azzu, broadvoice, call connection, callcentric, vono