Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Hally

Hally is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with GoTalk registration

I am having some problems with registering GoTalk (sip.gotalk.com)
Registration seems to drop out and no calls can be made and Vox shows 'request sent'. However, when I bypass Vox with my ATA to make a call registration occurs with Vox and I can then make calls.
There is no warning when this occurs.
Help with GoTalk / Voxalot Registration - Voice over IP - Whirlpool Broadband Forums
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Hally,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention as well as posting the link to the whirlpool forum. We will investigate what is causing this issue and respond.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:55 AM   #3
Kenthurst35

Kenthurst35 is on a distinguished road

I have been having this problem too.

In the last 24 hours though, my Voxalot registration to sip.gotalk.com has appeared stable.

Cheers
Kenthurst35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

We would appreciate it very much if you could keep us posted with any registration issues you are having - as nothing has changed on our end since the issue has been raised and our investigations have not revealed any thing yet.

Thanks.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys,

Please PM me both your respective Voxalot account numbers and I will take a look.

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 02:53 AM   #6
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I tried to make a GoTalk call too [need to make at least one billable call each 60 days to keep the account 'active'...]

Had "Failed" registration status, I disabled SIP register and re-enabled it a while ago now (today), it is now at "Request Sent", so I can't use GoTalk at this time through Voxalot either.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:18 AM   #7
affinity

Could this problem be due to the fact that GoTalk has some 'unlimited' plans with fair use policy -- perhaps one or more GoTalk accounts have exceeded the fair use policy and those are registered to the AU Voxalot server. Or the combination of accounts has done so causing GoTalk to suspend access?
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:26 AM   #8
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
Could this problem be due to the fact that GoTalk has some 'unlimited' plans with fair use policy -- perhaps one or more GoTalk accounts have exceeded the fair use policy and those are registered to the AU Voxalot server. Or the combination of accounts has done so causing GoTalk to suspend access?
This is also our suspicion. The REQUEST_SENT status indicates a registration request being sent and *not* responded to by the provider.

Unfortunately, without a valid response to a SIP registration we have no visibility of the reason.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
Kenthurst35

Kenthurst35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
This would not applied to my account when I was having the problems with registration. I have been nowhere near the limits quoted in the fair use policy.

That said, I haven't had the problem for the last week or so.

Cheers
Kenthurst35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #10
affinity

It doesn't apply to my account either, directly; it is possibly the indirect effect of other user accounts where this does apply and with those accounts using Voxalot servers. It is still a problem with my GoTalk account which is an older standard one.