Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road
Default mail box

Hi

Will the mail box only work if voxalot is down ? Is it possible to activate the mailbox when somebody is trying to call my voip number and after like 6 - 8 bells the mailbox gets activated ? Right now when someone else dial other voip company number after like 6 - 8 bells the bell goes away and nothing but silence to listen to.
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #2
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

It is supposed to come on after 30 seconds. If after about that time the caller doesn't get voice mail and the ringing just dies, then it sounds to me like there is a problem somewhere. Voxalot voice mail answers not only when you have no devices registered to Voxalot (when it answers immediately), but it is also supposed to answer after 30 seconds of ringing.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road

Well i tried it again and it went 6 bells after that it was only air on the caller phone. I took the time, after like 22 second it stopped ringing and the caller just got silence tune (air).

I have recorded my own voice mail i was hoping it would turn on, but maybe im doing wrong or the settings on my acount are wrong.

To activate the voice mail should i do something ? I thought it was automatic, can i do something to check the settings ?
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
ctylor

Sometimes I heard there can be a problem if you are calling a number at a provider you have registered to Voxalot (in the Voxalot account management settings page). There might be a setting problem somewhere, with your SIP device, or with Voxalot or your VOIP provider (who is supplying the phone number).

What happens when you call the same number by registering your device to that provider directly instead of going to Voxalot (you'd have to set Registration to No in the Voxalot account page to get this test to work)? I am curious if the voip provider itself who you pay for your phone numbers lets it ring more than 22 seconds before it drops the call.

Also if you pick up the ringing phone before it goes dead, while using Voxalot, does it work properly and you can hear two-way audio?
Unread 11-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
roman1

roman1 is on a distinguished road

Hi Ctylor

I'm experiencing the same problem. Initially I was thinking that this is something wrong with my provider (Zingotel) but the problem is somewhere in Voxalot system. To verify this I disabled my provider’s voicemail completely and registered my ATA directly to the provider (It was unregistered from Voxalot before doing this). Incoming calls were ringing for almost 1 min and then were disconnected as it should be.
As soon as I register my provider to the voxalot system (in this case ATA is registered only to the Voxalot) all incoming calls got answered but caller gets a dead air. Call timer starts ticking after around 30 seconds of ringing but there is a complete silence as Shezad described. If I pick-up incoming call within 30 sec everything is fine and there is two-way audio.

It looks like Voxalot picks up a call but does not divert it to the voicemail system.
roman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 03:10 AM   #6
ctylor

Thank you for doing all that work trouble-shooting. I think it will prove valuable to the administrators of Voxalot when they look to solve your problem.

I suspect it is only happening when people call the phone number or SIP URI of an account that is being 'registered' to Voxalot. I say this because as recently as yesterday I know my voice mail was working correctly, however my phone number is 'different' than your Zingotel one.

I have a Voxbone number mapped or pointed directly to my Voxalot SIP URI, and when it rings long enough, Voxalot's voice mail will pick up. (Unless we are speaking of a problem affecting both of us that happened in the last day.) I don't actually configure any registration in my account portal to get that phone number to work.

Well I am just a moderator volunteer, I don't work for Voxalot. But I hope this problem gets solved.
Unread 11-03-2006, 04:23 AM   #7
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys. I just added a bug to bugzilla and someone will take a look and report back.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #8
derapao

derapao is on a distinguished road

I experience the same problem, and ctylor diagnosis is correct: it happens when I call the phone number or SIP URI of an account that is being 'registered' to Voxalot. Voicemail works correctly if I call directly sip:{myid}@voxalot.com.

I'd like to follow the bug resolution in bugzilla, but I haven't found the bugzilla URL. Is it public?

thank you
alessandro
derapao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #9
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by derapao View Post
I'd like to follow the bug resolution in bugzilla, but I haven't found the bugzilla URL. Is it public?
Sorry our bugzilla system is a company one that is internal.

Unread 11-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #10
martin

Thanks for reporting this problem.

It should now be fixed. Please let us know if it is now ok?