Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
redarko

redarko is on a distinguished road
Default Voice Mail not working

I have just subscribed to Voxalot premium and registered a couple of sip accounts.

I use eyeBeam (the upper version of x-lite) to manage calls and I can receive calls perfectly. I have problems with voicemail in the two following scenario:

1) When eyeBeam is turned off I can't call my number, because no voice mail is working

2) If eyeBeam is turned on but I don't pick up the call, after the ring duration in seconds for the voicemail to start, I lose connection without hearing any voicemail sound.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance
redarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a problem with the number you are dialing "from".

Can you retry your 2 test cases by calling one of the SIP Broker access numbers SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers and at the voice prompt dial *010XXXXXX where XXXXXX is your Voxalot number.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
MA1597

MA1597 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem. I don't think it's client-side though, but rather an issue affecting new accounts created in the last few days.

As well as the problem described by redarko (i.e. phone calls are cut off, rather then going to voicemail) the voicemail system won't allow me to record an outgoing message. The menu system is working normally, but when I choose the option to record/review the unavailable message, it skips straight over that step.

Martin, can you see if there's been a problem with the setup of new voicemail accounts recently?
MA1597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
redarko

Thank you for your answer,

Martin I have tried exactly what you have told me and my phone rings, but the call is cut off when the VoiceMAil is supposed to start.

I have the same problem of MA1597 as well. I can't set up a proper message because the system completely skip the recording step.

Any thoughts?
Unread 02-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

The voicemail server appears to be OK. Could you please PM me your account numbers so I can test them.

Unread 02-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
martin

I can confirm there is a problem with the creation of new voicemail accounts.

Basically we have hit a limit we were not expecting. We are currently evaluating possible solutions and will keep you posted.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unread 02-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
redarko

I understand. Please let us know as soon as you can.

I have sent you a pm with my member id in case you want to do some testing on my voicemail.

Thank you
Unread 02-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
Corbu'

Corbu' is on a distinguished road

The new accounts are not the only ones affected, something happens to older accounts as well. I registered Voxalot to X-Lite Beta 4 trying to do some experiments regarding voice mail. I haven’t had any use for voice mail before so it was the first time I used it at Voxalot. I got the same symptoms described by redarko, but NOT all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It seems to be affected by the number of messages stored in the mail box; if there is a message stored, then the voice mail doesn’t always work, it keeps ringing or I get a busy tone. Only if the box has no messages then the mail box message kicks in. At first I thought it is because I use X-Lite Beta, I uninstalled and installed a stable version but it is the same. I ended up here after a “Voice Mail” search on the forum.

I’ll keep testing but something is wrong.

Last edited by Corbu'; 02-02-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Corbu' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
martin

Please try again guys and let us know if the problems have been addressed.

Unread 02-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #10
redarko

It's working ok now.

I will let you know if the problem arises again.

Thanks.