Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
zonljmv

zonljmv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Funnily enough I was toying with this a few days ago.

What I found worked reliably with 2 way conversation for a Voxalot call to a registered Betamax client or to an IP phone logged on to the Betamax account is the following :

Set up an entry to match in the dial plan for the particular sip address (Eg. 4444)
Set up dial plan parameters in advanced mode:
Pattern: _4444
Replacement: Betamax_User_ID (Not a sip address, just the UserID)
Provider: Any Betamax Provider, unregistered is fine, in your provider list (No credit required)
Active: Yes, all others set to No
Save and test.
Dial 4444 from your Voxalot account and the call should go through to the Betamax client.

Hth .....
Hi kurun,
Thanks for your reply.
I tested your suggestion and it works great!
Of course it is not restricted to Betamax providers, it works with almost any provider. It also proves, that Betamax doesn't block calls from voxalot.
Thanks again, zonljmv
zonljmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #12
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonljmv View Post
Hi kurun,
Thanks for your reply.
I tested your suggestion and it works great!
Of course it is not restricted to Betamax providers, it works with almost any provider. It also proves, that Betamax doesn't block calls from voxalot.
Thanks again, zonljmv
Well to be fair, it just shows that one BetaMax provider can call a BetaMax username for that service without issues...

SIP URI calls from VoXalot to BetaMax directly are still hit and miss.....(because BetaMax blocks 3rd party URI calls in most cases)

That said, kurun's suggestion should work both via Dial Plans or Speed Dial....as long as the provider doing the calling is the BetaMax provider

Last edited by emoci; 03-27-2008 at 11:16 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
zonljmv

zonljmv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Well to be fair, it just shows that one BetaMax provider can call a BetaMax username for that service without issues...

SIP URI calls from VoXalot directly are still hit and miss.....

That said, kurun's suggestion should work both via Dial Plans or Speed Dial....as long as the provider doing the calling is the BetaMax provider
Hi emoci,
Well, in my voxalot account I defined in the VSP-list a voipbuster-account which doesn't really exist.
Nevertheless it works.
I think it works because the To:line of the message header in the INVITE message from voxalot to voipbuster contains a real voipbuster SIP-address (like my original suggestion).
Regards, zonljmv
zonljmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #14
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

I had thought the answer to zonljmv's inquiry was no brain but zonljmv insisted. I tested the speed dial and yes, the To: line sent out from Voxalot server to the destination server is "**1"<sip:**1@us.voxalot.com> rather than <sip:username@provider.com> though the SIP INVITE header is correct. It is worth a try to change the TO: header.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #15
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack9901 View Post
... the To: line sent out from Voxalot server to the destination server is "**1"<sip:**1@us.voxalot.com> rather than <sip:username@provider.com> though the SIP INVITE header is correct.
The SIP spec allows (and in fact, encourages) the To: line to be different from the eventual destination. See Section 8.1.1.2 of the SIP specification and the example that they give is a speed dial (the same as we are discussing in this thread).

Under the covers, Voxalot resolves the speed dial into the real destination and builds the INVITE header, but we leave the To: field as per the original value.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #16
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
The SIP spec allows (and in fact, encourages) the To: line to be different from the eventual destination. See Section 8.1.1.2 of the SIP specification and the example that they give is a speed dial (the same as we are discussing in this thread).

Under the covers, Voxalot resolves the speed dial into the real destination and builds the INVITE header, but we leave the To: field as per the original value.

--
Craig
I understand that. My guess to why you didn't respond earlier is that Voxalot probably had already tried that but no use.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote