Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-19-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
wildbill

wildbill is on a distinguished road
Default MyNetFone/Voxalot

Just wondering if any other users are having trouble with MNF via Voxalot.
It seems since an upgrade by MNF on Saturday night I am having trouble with oneway audio - i.e. I can hear the called party answer the phone but they cannot hear me - if I bypass Voxalot using a gateway the calls are fine
I am using Sipura3000 and Billion7300A modem and this setup has been working fine with the SPA registered to Voxalot and MNF registered in Voxalot and as a gateway in the SPA - so is anyone else having problems or is it just me - thanks Bill
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
addo62

addo62 is on a distinguished road

wildbill I am not having issues with MNF but I have the exact same issue with Pennytel. It has been driving me crazy trying all sorts of fixes.

At the moment what I did was to allow Voxalot to handle NAT, & set optimise audio to no in the sip provider settings, & at present I have 2 way audio.

Maybe give that a go?
addo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by addo62 View Post
At the moment what I did was to allow Voxalot to handle NAT, & set optimise audio to no in the sip provider settings, & at present I have 2 way audio.
That's the way I have it, too. I'm using MNF and Pennytel via Voxalot for both incoming and outgoing calls without any problems. I used to have trouble with incoming calls, but, since disabling port forwarding and enabling STUN, we haven't had any more problems.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
wildbill

wildbill is on a distinguished road

Thanks I will try those settings - I had them set up as per the Voxalot tutorial for 6 steps to optimize your audio - Bill
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

The 6 step guide is for performance tuning rather than trouble shooting. It is actually more of a trouble maker than problem solver giving that Voxalot servers seem to have more trouble with NAT handling than other PBX'es. It is amazing that it has been there without a big warning that it could ruin your two way voice and has been recommended to solve one way voice problem for such a long time.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 04:10 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack9901 View Post
The 6 step guide is for performance tuning rather than trouble shooting. It is actually more of a trouble maker than problem solver giving that Voxalot servers seem to have more trouble with NAT handling than other PBX'es. It is amazing that it has been there without a big warning that it could ruin your two way voice and has been recommended to solve one way voice problem for such a long time.
Well, it's not that simple,take a look at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11813

If the 6 step tuning works for you, it is the ideal way to go, but not all VSPs support ReInvites.....also the guide should be coupled with a STUN server in your ATA

Of course, the default VoXalot setup with enabled Symmetric NAT handling is pretty reliable, but for some cases the audio stream proxying may introduce some latency

So depends on what works in each situation, and the provider in question
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote