Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
f7391

f7391 is on a distinguished road
Default VoXaLot and FWD: sound issues when calling FWD

I noticed an interesting issue with Free World Dialup (FWD): when calling to FWD account via VoXaLot using VoXaLot account (the VoXaLot speed dial functionality) and a SIP phone the FWD.communicator on laptop will alert and if answered, I can hear the voice from SIP phone but no voice from the FWD.communicator account gets to SIP phone. If I call from FWD account to VoXaLot account everything works just fine.

I've even tried this using public ip's so both the SIP phone and laptop running FWD.communicator have a public ip without NAT, firewalls or whatever and still with same result. I even tried this with Windows XP firewall disabled but the result was same. This is quite strange, does someone have suggestions how to get this thing working or is this a known issue?

As using FWD is not really a strict requirement for me, I would be very happy if someone could propose a good general usage SIP client for Windows?

Last edited by f7391; 02-22-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Addition...
f7391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I can't speak specifically for your issue with FWD Communicator, except to say I find that client to deficient. On my setup the Communicator continually fails to 'attempt to use STUN' and then logs in using the outbound proxy service, which is not what I want.

I can recommend two free Windows SIP softphones that can be configured to run FWD, Gizmo Project, and Voxalot accounts:

1) X-lite 3.0: http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=Products&smenu=xlite

2) SJphone: http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html

The SJphone permits multiple registrations to different providers, while X-lite is only to one, but X-lite is a lot more polished looking.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
f7391

f7391 is on a distinguished road

Ok, now this is gettin really interesting.

I found out about a free SIP client, X-lite. Using FWD account on X-lite, still the no voice from laptop to SIP phone if call initiated by SIP phone. Other way around the thing works just fine.

Being a guy who doesn't give up that easily I entered newly created VoXaLot account parameters to the X-lite and gave it a try. And guess what: with just same results. No voice from the laptop if the call was initiated by the SIP phone.
Now my wife is wondering how much more time has to be spent in order to have free VoIP calls from there to back home when I'm abroad...
f7391 is offline   Reply With Quote