Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #21
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
No VoIP equipment required!

Initiate calls between any two phones, anywhere in the world. No restrictions - either end can be a land line, mobile or VoIP phone. You control the cost of the call by choosing your own providers - there is no lock-in to the service provider. Even choose two different providers for each leg of the call. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination. For more details see our tutorial

Hi Martin,
Thanx for that other forum and nice product!
Got some isssues trying to make a webcall with my provider WENGO i tried 2 cell phones and 1 cell+ 1pstn home number and no ring for the both sides.
Any advice please???
many thanx!
jeff
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #22
krisch

krisch is on a distinguished road
Default Wengo

Hi,
Using Wengo on both legs works for me:
Following your post, I've just tried again a French PSTN number (1st leg) and a French mobile number on leg two. Both do ring and the communication is established normally.
How did you enter the numbers ? If they are French based, just enter the ten national digits (01xxxxxxxx, 02xxxxxxxx, 03xxxxxxxx, ...). In contrast to other providers you DO NOT need entering the international prefix (0033xxxx ) when using Wengo.
Cheers, krisch
krisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #23
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisch
Hi,
Using Wengo on both legs works for me:
Following your post, I've just tried again a French PSTN number (1st leg) and a French mobile number on leg two. Both do ring and the communication is established normally.
How did you enter the numbers ? If they are French based, just enter the ten national digits (01xxxxxxxx, 02xxxxxxxx, 03xxxxxxxx, ...). In contrast to other providers you DO NOT need entering the international prefix (0033xxxx ) when using Wengo.
Cheers, krisch

Thanx a lot Kricsh
Saw many of your posts on the wengo forum and they are very usefull!
J ai suivi tes conseils et ca marche super maintennt!
Par contre ce serait bien si plusieurs ordinateurs pouvaient utiliser le meme compte wengo pr appeler ( pendant que je suis en ligne a la maison sur le compte wengo, ma femme a son bureau ne peut pas utiliser le webcall pr emettre un web call depuis voxalot avec le meme compte..ca sonne occupé.
Merci de tes reponses et si tu avais autre chose qu'astrisk ( lol trop hard pour moi) ce serait genial! merci encore!

Translation:
Did all you said and works great now ! One other issue i'm facing is that i can't use the webcall back system for more than one call.My wife cannot use the same account to dial via voxalot while at work if i'm on communication at home with somone else..She says the line's busy .
Thanx for any kind of suggestion for this and would be great if it was not an Asterisk suggestion(loool) don't understand a word of it! loool (but sure i will learn..soon..very soon...
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #24
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Is it possible to have pauses in the dialling, like to enter an extension number on answer of the main number?
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:07 AM   #25
ThaiConnection

ThaiConnection is on a distinguished road
Default cannot established communication

Dear Martin, lately I,ve not been able to use web callback. After my phone ring I pick up and wait for ringtone from destination but there is non. The destination phone ring and pickup the call, but we cannot here each other.

Try on PC, WAP, PDA same problem. I'm using Voipstunt and VOIPdiscount. But both their webcall back works? Any advice to fix this? Thanks.
ThaiConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:25 AM   #26
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

I was under the impression that these providers could only be used for one of the call legs and not both.

This restriction I think was posted elsewhere in this forum.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #27
hivolt

hivolt is on a distinguished road

I have tested the Web Call Back feature as follows and it works:

PSTN to PSTN in USA
PSTN to Mobile USA
PSTN USA to Sipbroker Bilbao, Spain Access Number
PSTN USA to Sipbroker Spain Natl. Access Number
PSTN USA to Sipbroker Mexico City, Mexico Access Number
PSTN USA to Sipbroker Brisbane, Australia Access Number

On the Sipbroker access numbers I either used *747411 Tell Me or *393612 Time.

I used the "1" prefix on all phone numbers in the USA regardless of whether they where "your number" or "number to dial", dialing overseas numbers no prefix such as "011" I just typed in the number I wished to call. The "your number" rings first after you pickup it rings the "number to dial".

If either number you are using in the Call Back feature has an incorrect ENUM registered to it the Call Back feature will not work.

I was able to use SuperNetTel.com as my provider on both legs of all the tests I ran after I emailed tech support at SNT, they're reply is below.

Quote from SNT tech support:

" You may also want to make a note however that this is available only
on Pay As you Go/BYOD plans, and if it does not work (on an older
account for instance) customer should request a minimum of 2 channels
(one channel per leg of the call). We will provide unlimited channels on
Pay As You Go / BYOD plans only. This also means that Voxalot users can
use the same account from several different locations for multiple
simultaneous calls, and web call back. "
hivolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #28
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

How about allowing a SIP URI as the call destination and therefore no provider? Also, how about allowing the speed dial entries being used in the web callback?
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2006, 03:28 PM   #29
filmnet

filmnet is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I only want to actually ask one question: if the Callback can be put at more than 99 seconds.

I'm due to be made homeless and 99 seconds isn't enough to get from the library computers to the nearest call box!

They are extremely expensive here, the minimum charge is £0.30 (about AU$0.75) and at Standard Rate this only lasts *19 seconds* for a call to a mobile.

However, I theorise that if I use Wengo and Voipcheap.com, then it works out about £0.07 to ring a mobile for upto a minute. Which is less a strain on me when ringing about rooms/jobs etc!

Maybe it could also be set to do the call at a prearranged time, say 10pm Friday night (when the library is closed).

Okay I'm being entirely selfish here, but extra features and options like this certainly would make such a service more marketable when you do start charging for it!

I tried setting up my own Asterisk PBX to put at a friend's house and connection and set up a DISA, but failed miserably, so I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

TIA,

-regards
filmnet
filmnet is offline   Reply With Quote