Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
gusman

gusman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Call forwarding doesn't work....... => solved

Hello,

I'm new here at the voxalot forum and I have done some reading, but I was unable to find a possible solution for my "problem". I'm also relatively new in the ENUM and voip world.

I have an ENUM enabled device (FritzBox 7050) and is able to lookup my dailed numbers on the e164.arpa and e164.org network and forward them (if there's a match) to the voip sip-adress of this number. I have also my own numbers registered at e164.org with the sip account of my voip provider (xs4all) here in the Netherlands.

My voip provider doesn't support non-authenticated calls to their sip-server, so the ENUM lookup isn't able to redirect the call directly to the sip-server of my voip provider. I got a "hint" from someone on the e164.org forum to create a voxalot account, register my two voip accounts (with authentication) and make a dail plan to redirect specific calls to the two voip accounts.

I've created the voxalot account, registered the two voip accounts in the provider section (status: registered) and made a dail plan to redirect incoming calls to the two voip accounts. I also registered my voip numbers in the e164.org registry and filled-in the sip entry for my voxalot account.

Up till now the numbers I dail are beeing forwarded to the e164.org and from there (if they match with the number I created) redirected to voxalot. You should expect that when the call arrives at voxalot, according to the dail plan is beiing forwarded to one of my voip accounts.

But unfortunally the only message I get from voxalot is: "the person at extension xxxxxx is unavailable".

Is there something I forgot to configure?

Any help is appriciated........

Thanks in advance.

Gusman
the Netherlands

Last edited by gusman; 01-03-2007 at 03:28 PM.
gusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
gusman

I did some additional testing.

It looks like if it has something to do with the pattern recognizing. If I create a pattern _XXX. scrape off the 0031 and add a "0" with 0${EXTEN:4} everything works as it should be (if I dailup directly to voxalot).

Somehow the pattern through ENUM "looks" different (dailing with another voip provider then voxalot) from the pattern with ENUM, with a direct call to voxalot.

Dailing with a voip provider other then voxalot with ENUM feature gives at voxalot a "busy" (voicemail message).........

Is there a way to "look" at the actual number pattern arriving at my voxalot account?

Thanks again in advance.......

Gusman
the Netherlands

Last edited by gusman; 01-01-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
blackrider

blackrider is on a distinguished road

Hi gusman,happy new year.sorry to bother you.I also have FritzBox 7050.I have configured it to receive calls but I can't call out from it.I don't know where to put the dial plan in this device as it is different from spa3102 that i know better.how did you do it?Thanks a lot.
blackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
gusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrider View Post
Hi gusman,happy new year.sorry to bother you.I also have FritzBox 7050.I have configured it to receive calls but I can't call out from it.I don't know where to put the dial plan in this device as it is different from spa3102 that i know better.how did you do it?Thanks a lot.
Blackrider,

I assume that you mean the dail plan in the FB7050. On the following URL there's an English manual (chapter 4.6) how to configure this:

http://www.avm.de/en/service/manuals..._WLAN_7050.pdf

If you want to go for the FB7050 deluxe dail plan version you can consider installing the FB plugin "Least Cost Routing" (LCR'). With this plugin you're able to make a dailplan based on working days / weekends and divided in 24 hours a day. If you're living (and dailing) from Germany you'll have an online update for the cheapest call provider. I live in the Netherlands so I've configured the LCR application manually and have not the option(s) to check the cheapest provider through the internet.

For more info go to: http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=526 and http://www.telefonsparbuch.de

Good luck.........

Gusman

Last edited by gusman; 01-03-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Unread 01-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
gusman

Hello again,

To make shure that everything (providers and dailplan) at voxalot work fine I started from scratch wit the voxalot dailplan. I've configured my FB7050 ATA in such a way that all dailed numbers are beeing "dailed" through my voxalot number. Then I've configured a dailplan for the incoming numbers to be redirected to one of the providers I've configured in the providers section.

Everything works OK now, all the redirections work in the way I've configured them. For example: I dail 1234 (from handset 01) via my voxalot number; according to the configured dailplan the dailed number 1234 is redirected to provider A; from provider A I get a call on handset 02 (with the dailed number 1234).

So far so good. Then I've turned "on" the ENUM lookups at my FB7050 ATA. For example: I dail 1234 (from handset 01) via provider A; 1234 is looked-up at e164.org and forwarded to sip:myvoxalotnumber@voxalot.com; I get a call on handset 02 (from voxalot ??) with the number of the provider A (not the dailed number 1234).

Why is the called number 1234 not forwarded through the e164.org to voxalot like an ordinary direct call at voxalot?

Thanks in advance......

Gusman
the Netherlands
Unread 01-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
gusman

Talking Solved....

Evilbunny of the e164.org forum mentioned the dyndns option again to me.

Using the dyndns option is for me far more easier than "rerouting" everything through voxalot. Just entered for my numbers at e164.org myvoipnumber@myhostname.dyndns.org and everything works flawlessly.

All the calls (my configured e164 numbers resolved through e164.org) are being forwarded to my FB7050 and my phones will ring

(a happy) Gusman