Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
zonljmv

zonljmv is on a distinguished road
Default Problem and suggestion for Speed Dial and ENUM calls

Hi all,

When I make a call to voipbuster via Speed Dial the call is blocked by voipbuster.
In the packets sent from voxalot to voipbuster the To:-line of the message header contains:
To: <sip:**1@eu.voxalot.com>

This should be replaced by the sip-url.
For instance: if **1 maps to sip:voipuser@sip.voipbuster.com the To:-line in the packets to voipbuster should contain:
To: <sip:voipuser@sip.voipbuster.com>

Can somebody implement this change?
The same thing applies to calls via ENUM.
I hope this helps to improve Speed Dial and ENUM calls to voipbuster and other VSP's.
zonljmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2008, 02:00 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonljmv View Post
Hi all,

When I make a call to voipbuster via Speed Dial the call is blocked by voipbuster.
In the packets sent from voxalot to voipbuster the To:-line of the message header contains:

For instance: if **1 maps to sip:voipuser@sip.voipbuster.com the To:-line in the packets to voipbuster should contain:

I hope this helps to improve Speed Dial and ENUM calls to voipbuster and other VSP's.

This issue is limited to BetaMax providers, or providers that do not allow Third Party incoming SIP URI calls....

There may be one way to Bypass this:

-Ensure you yourself have a VoipBuster account setup in VoXalot
-When setting up the Speed Dial choose Phone Number rather than SIP URI
-In the Number field enter the username of the VoipBuster user you wish to call
-Choose VoipBuster as the Provider in the dropdown box

The above has a good chance of solving issues with Speed Dial, but does not deal with issues you maybe experiencing with ENum

The way VoXalot and e164.org are setup, they are meant to work with just about anything that's willing to loosely conform to basic SIP protocol (give or take a few exceptions)

That said, I am sure martin and craig will consider the suggestion if it can be implemented...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
zonljmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
This issue is limited to BetaMax providers, or providers that do not allow Third Party incoming SIP URI calls....

There may be one way to Bypass this:

-Ensure you yourself have a VoipBuster account setup in VoXalot
-When setting up the Speed Dial choose Phone Number rather than SIP URI
-In the Number field enter the username of the VoipBuster user you wish to call
-Choose VoipBuster as the Provider in the dropdown box

The above has a good chance of solving issues with Speed Dial, but does not deal with issues you maybe experiencing with ENum

The way VoXalot and e164.org are setup, they are meant to work with just about anything that's willing to loosely conform to basic SIP protocol (give or take a few exceptions)

That said, I am sure martin and craig will consider the suggestion if it can be implemented...
Hi emoci,

Thanks for your reply.
Can you give me any info about the implementation of my suggestion?
After the implementation I like to test Speed Dial or ENUM.
Unread 03-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Christian

Christian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just to satisfy my curiosity: how did you find out what Voxalot sends to Betamax? This is not a message that can intercept yourself...

Christian
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
zonljmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Just to satisfy my curiosity: how did you find out what Voxalot sends to Betamax? This is not a message that can intercept yourself...

Christian
Hi Christian,

In the Speed Dial List I made an entry to my SIP-telephone (like sip:myname@1.2.3.4).
So I could investigate the communication between voxalot and my own IP-address.
Yesterday I found a VSP (www.pbxes.com) who had implemented a sort of Speed Dial, just like my suggestion.
I tried to make calls to Betamax sip-accounts and it works great, so I am now sure that my suggestion works.
I hope Voxalot will implement it soon!

Regards, zonljmv
Unread 03-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

Apologies if this is naive, as I don't know about headers, but if emoci's suggestion did not work, would it make any difference to define dialplan entries as pseudo speed-dials?

Aaprt from that, I just tried using the Voxalot web callback to connect 2 Betamax brands together using a third. The first PC software client rang, but the second failed; on the ensuing Voxalot page, the second username has a leading *2* and my voxalot account inserted before 007 then the VB username

So you might be able to make one call ...
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
zonljmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Apologies if this is naive, as I don't know about headers, but if emoci's suggestion did not work, would it make any difference to define dialplan entries as pseudo speed-dials?

Aaprt from that, I just tried using the Voxalot web callback to connect 2 Betamax brands together using a third. The first PC software client rang, but the second failed; on the ensuing Voxalot page, the second username has a leading *2* and my voxalot account inserted before 007 then the VB username

So you might be able to make one call ...
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.
I don't think that dialplan entries as pseudo speed-dials will work.
Apart from that, I prefer a straightforward solution, Speed Dials to whatever sip-address should work.
A few moments ago I tested an ENUM-call from pbxes to my voipbuster-account and it works great.
I am convinced that it also will work from voxalot after implementing my suggestion.

Regards, zonljmv
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
zonljmv

Quote:
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.
I don't think that dialplan entries as pseudo speed-dials will work.
Apart from that, I prefer a straightforward solution, Speed Dials to whatever sip-address should work.
A few moments ago I tested an ENUM-call from pbxes to my voipbuster-account and it works great.
I am convinced that it also will work from voxalot after implementing my suggestion.

Regards, zonljmv
It would be nice to get a reply from craig or martin about the possibility of implementing my suggestion.

zonljmv
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #9
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Funnily enough I was toying with this a few days ago.

What I found worked reliably with 2 way conversation for a Voxalot call to a registered Betamax client or to an IP phone logged on to the Betamax account is the following :

Set up an entry to match in the dial plan for the particular sip address (Eg. 4444)
Set up dial plan parameters in advanced mode:
Pattern: _4444
Replacement: Betamax_User_ID (Not a sip address, just the UserID)
Provider: Any Betamax Provider, unregistered is fine, in your provider list (No credit required)
Active: Yes, all others set to No
Save and test.
Dial 4444 from your Voxalot account and the call should go through to the Betamax client.

Hth .....
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #10
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi all,

The <sip:**1@eu.voxalot.com> you were seeing is sent by your client phone to Voxalot server which is then converted to <sip:voipuser@sip.voipbuster.com> at the Voxalot server side to forward the call. The syntax and implementation is correct. However, Betamax seems to block inbound SIP forwarding from some VOIP companies. Voxalot might be one of them being blocked.

As others have suggested, Betamax does not block SIP calls originated from a real Betamax account. So you can add a Betamax account in the provider list and use it in the dial plan as a workaround of speed dial to SIP call other Betamax users.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote