Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
rybshik

rybshik is on a distinguished road
Default inbound calls do not ring ATA, but go to voicemail

Hello,
I just created a new free Voxalot account 'my_user_id'. I am forwarding Callcentric calls at my voxalot sip uri 'my_user_id@us.voxalot.com'. My ATA SPA2102 does not ring, instead the calls go to voxalot's voicemail. My ATA is registerd with voxalot and I do not have any problems with outgoing calls.

My ATA has only G729a codec enabled
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
docknden1

docknden1 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

I do have the same problem as mentioned above i.e whenever a voxalot user tries to call my voxalot extension his call is getting diverted to the voicemail and he cannot reach my phone,on contrary whenever i dial other voxalot the connection is made with any issues I am using a siemens C475 IP DECT phone.

Looking forward to any pointers on the issue.

Thanks
docknden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 02:41 AM   #3
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

The problem could be a 'NAT keep alive' issue. If your ATA is behind a NAT router and the SIP port is not forwarded then the ATA must send SIP packets at regular intervals in order to maintain a NAT mapping in the router. The NAT mapping allows incoming SIP packets to reach the ATA. If the 'NAT keep alive' packets are not sent the router will remove the NAT mapping after some time, usually 3 or 5 minutes. If you can receive calls immediately after your ATA has registered, but a few minutes later the calls go to voice mail, that indicates a 'NAT keep alive' issue.

To test; power cycle or reboot your ATA so you know it has just registered. As soon as it has dial tone or otherwise indicates successful registration, do something to ring your Voxalot number. If your Voxalot phone can receive calls only during a short time after SIP registration then you may have a 'NAT keep alive' issue. If your phone does not ring, even when called within the first 60 seconds after registration, then we need to consider other possible causes of the problem.

Last edited by boatman; 08-16-2009 at 07:17 PM.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #4
rybshik

rybshik is on a distinguished road

My ATA has a public (dynamic) IP addres, so there should not be NAT issues, correct?

I have copied all the SIP and codec settings as in the voxalot's faq/tutorial for SPA3102 (including setting SIP port to 5060 and G711u as Preferred Codec).

Also I tried to call my ATA via Sipbroker PSTN assess number and get the same result: my ATA does not ring and calls go to voicemail. So it has nothing to do with Callcentric. The problem is clearly between my ATA (SPA2102) and Voxalot.

RESOLVED

Last edited by rybshik; 08-15-2009 at 05:18 AM. Reason: UPDATE
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 05:21 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik View Post
My ATA has a public (dynamic) IP addres, so there should not be NAT issues, correct?

I have copied all the SIP and codec settings as in the voxalot's faq/tutorial for SPA3102 (including setting SIP port to 5060 and G711u as Preferred Codec).

Also I tried to call my ATA via Sipbroker PSTN assess number and get the same result: my ATA does not ring and calls go to voicemail. So it has nothing to do with Callcentric. The problem is clearly between my ATA (SPA2102) and Voxalot.

RESOLVED
What was the problem ?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Bob0260

Bob0260 is on a distinguished road

I have had the same problem this weekend. I was on eu proxy one server (Due to FUP problem). Inbound calls going to voicemail. Changed to US server and received inbound calls. Later on Saturday I changed back to EU proxy one and received inbound calls again. Untill late Sunday when I noticed the problem again. Have changed to US server and receiving incoming again.
Bob0260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybshik View Post
My ATA has a public (dynamic) IP address, so there should not be NAT issues, correct?
Yes, when there is no NAT there can be no NAT issues. How did you resolve the problem?
Unread 09-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #8
jcbrown

jcbrown is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Patton Micro ATA

I can get X-Lite Softphone to work with Voxalot. Unable to get ATA to work with Voxalot. ATA is registered with Voxalot. Call SIP Number for ATA and only getting Voicemail. Phone does not ring but it does have a dial tone. What am I missing?

Last edited by jcbrown; 09-24-2009 at 03:16 AM.
jcbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #9
JakDac

JakDac is on a distinguished road
Default Cannot register my v100 to voxalot was working for years registers when I change to M

Cannot register my v100 to voxalot was working for years registers when I change to MNF but no success on the ATA with Voxalot ( is registering on x-lite softphone ? Any problems at voxalot ? any solution

Ta Jak
JakDac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:13 AM   #10
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbrown View Post
Phone does not ring but it does have a dial tone. What am I missing?
Maybe it's a NAT traversal issue. Can you receive a call within the first 180 seconds after SIP registration? If so, try forwarding the SIP port used on your end, and use a STUN server.

Last edited by boatman; 09-24-2009 at 04:18 AM.