Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-29-2006, 02:19 AM   #21
xcaliba

xcaliba is on a distinguished road

Voxalot have just released the Australian server as well

You need to select the AU server in you profile and then use voxalot.com.au as your sip proxy.
xcaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 04:38 AM   #22
ahniu

ahniu is on a distinguished road

thank you very much, the australian server will be very helpful.

by the way, what about voxalot server in Asia Pacific ?? if yes, which country ??
ahniu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #23
aneip

aneip is on a distinguished road

I try to use my local vsp which didnt support web call back and also dial-plan.. I was thinking voxalot will support my vsp once registration feature is up.. Can you check why my vsp still unable to register? whether it blocked by my provider or what.. my voxalot number is 555505 and I talking about Jaring - 5505 (my015.com).

If the service able to register succesfully would I be able to use webcall back? or just receive incoming call to my voxalot?
aneip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #24
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hello,

Your registration looks like it is not working:

Code:
Host                            Username       Refresh State
my015.com:5060                  0154*******       3600 Auth. Sent
If successful the State field will say "Registered"

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #25
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahniu
example i'm from Melbourne with an Australian SIP, i.e. sip.oztralia.com. When i make calls via oztralia, will the latency be as follow:

my home (AUS) --> voxalot.com (US) --> sip.oztralia.com (AUS)
and, sip.oztralia.com (AUS) --> voxalot.com (US) --> my home (AUS)

quality wise ???
No, it shouldn't be; the RTP stream (carrying the audio) should be direct between the two ends. Voxalot just proxies the signalling for the call set-up.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #26
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie
Yay, great work Martin. I've just registered my Sipgate account and the DID is working. Thanks a lot

I do have a problem with voicemail though; If I ring my Sipgate DID, after about 30 seconds the ATA stops ringing, although the calling party continues to hear ringing indication. I then get an email from Voxalot with a blank (151 byte) wav file.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Are you able to re-try this test. It should now goto voicemail after 30 secs.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #27
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Are you able to re-try this test. It should now goto voicemail after 30 secs.
It certainly does. Great work Martin.

Voxalot now meets all my needs and I can happily lose my PSTN line next week. This is so easy to set up; the dial plans are great, voicemail and now SIP registration for DIDs. Who wants to faff around trying to configure complicated and expensive ATAs?! Voxalot does it all.

(One small area that could possibly be cleaned up - the voicemail UI; it's not the most intuitive. A minor criticism though )

Edit: Oh yeah, and voicemail timestamps in local time

Last edited by fozzie; 05-29-2006 at 12:13 PM.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #28
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie
It certainly does. Great work Martin.
I mentioned earlier that I had the same problem as Fozzie. Just to let you know that it's now working fine for me as well. It just gets better!

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #29
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Different problem, but voice mail issue still: I have VBuzzer registered with my Voxalot account, but when I try to call my username@vbuzzer.com:80 using Gizmo Project, to see if it gets forwarded to my ATA alright, it goes directly to Vbuzzer voice mail. The Vbuzzer computer voice tells me the user at extension ###### (which is my Voxalot account number) is not available and to please leave a message. Apparently VBuzzer is hard to configure even with an ATA, but I know in my Voxalot provider plan I did do the correct thing of saying my proxy is vbuzzer.com and the port is 80 (not 5060 as normal). So I think Voxalot needs to tweak a setting on its end as well.

No problems: I can confirm that FWD, FreeDigits, and Gizmo Project all work perfectly as SIP providers to register with through Voxalot's new registration feature, so that calling my SIP address for each of these three all ring my ATA. :-)

Last edited by ctylor; 05-30-2006 at 12:22 AM.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 02:03 AM   #30
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Hi Martin

You guys are great!!! I was hoping for this feature, but didn't think you would implement it so quickly.

I'm having a problem though.

Here there are:

1. My eyeBeam is registered with voxalot.com.au and works fine. When I change my Sipura ATA to voxalot.com.au, it receives calls from providers where SIP Register = Yes, but their is no sound when I pick-up and I get a fast busy tone 5 seconds later. When I change the ATA back to voxalot.com, it "MOSTLY" gets the calls and I can hear the caller. I was trying to keep both the voxalot web registered server and the ATA voxalot proxy the same.

2. When I dial some VSP's DID, it is answered by Voxalot, but they are not transfered to my ATA, which is registered to voxalot.com. Some are and some aren't

3. There is a noticeable delay when speaking for calls answered by Voxalot and transfered to my ATA.

Any insight on these issues?

Richard
Voxalot 416502
richard is offline   Reply With Quote