Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
g00fy

g00fy is on a distinguished road
Default Busy detection not working

When I disconnect the voicemal service and I'm busy on the phone, whem someone calls me they get no busy tone. In stead they have just a 'dead line'.

When I connect the voicemail service they get the unavailable message instead of the busy message.

This is really not how I thought it should work. Can anybody help me to get it working right?

I use budgetphone (NL) for incoming calls and some of the betamax services for calling out.

Thanx!
g00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
g00fy

Can someone please explain what to do to make this work right? I configured my unavailable and busy message, but either way people only get my unavailable message.

Also, still when am busy and voicemail is not activated, people don't hear anything and the connection is lost after 20-25 seconds.

Last edited by g00fy; 01-16-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Unread 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
g00fy

The system seems to know that the line is busy, because when the voicemail is active and I am speeking to anyone, the voicemail kicks in immediately with the unavailable message (should be the busy message, though) when somebody else calls. Otherwise it should kick in after 25 seconds.

So it seems a technical problem. Why is there no busy tone when the voicemail is inactive and why isn't the busy message being played when it is?

HELLO VOXALOT ADMINS...
Can someone look into this matter or explain me what I am doing wrong configuring?
Unread 01-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fy View Post
The system seems to know that the line is busy, because when the voicemail is active and I am speeking to anyone, the voicemail kicks in immediately with the unavailable message (should be the busy message, though) when somebody else calls. Otherwise it should kick in after 25 seconds.

So it seems a technical problem. Why is there no busy tone when the voicemail is inactive and why isn't the busy message being played when it is?

HELLO VOXALOT ADMINS...
Can someone look into this matter or explain me what I am doing wrong configuring?
As for VM messages recorded....I usually tend to simply record one that comes up when I am on the phone, unable to pick up, or unavailable (not registered). I suggest this as it makes life easier...

As for a busy message (and as far as I understand) it actually falls to the incoming DID provider on how they interpret and play this message. I've come accross providers that'll play a busy message and others that won't...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
g00fy

Thanks emoci.

When I am talking on the phone I do not get a signal if someone else calls. Only an e-mail, but I see that only when I am online. So, I want the busy message, so I can give a message we're busy right now, but they can try again within a few minutes. When I am really unavailable I want another message.

<----
Deleted part about temporary message
---->

Also, you can not hear the current messages in any way, only record a new one. It seems the voicemail system lacks a bunch of option to make it easy to work with.
Maybe I just doesn't understand how it should be configured. But, where is the documentation and where are the people behind Voxalot to help us with that?

When I use my DID provider without Voxalot, I get a busy signal when I am on the phone. Only when Voxalot comes in, it's giving a dead line when voicemail is off.

At the moment I keep thinking it's a technical issue which have to be solved, because this are all standard features and should just work.

Edit: The temporary message was not active. When it is activated an option comes up to delete it.

Last edited by g00fy; 01-17-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Unread 01-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fy View Post
Thanks emoci.

When I am talking on the phone I do not get a signal if someone else calls. Only an e-mail, but I see that only when I am online. So, I want the busy message, so I can give a message we're busy right now, but they can try again within a few minutes. When I am really unavailable I want another message.

<----
Deleted part about temporary message
---->

Also, you can not hear the current messages in any way, only record a new one. It seems the voicemail system lacks a bunch of option to make it easy to work with.
Maybe I just doesn't understand how it should be configured. But, where is the documentation and where are the people behind Voxalot to help us with that?

When I use my DID provider without Voxalot, I get a busy signal when I am on the phone. Only when Voxalot comes in, it's giving a dead line when voicemail is off.

At the moment I keep thinking it's a technical issue which have to be solved, because this are all standard features and should just work.

Edit: The temporary message was not active. When it is activated an option comes up to delete it.
I've taken the liberty of putting soemthing quick together here http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post20981
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
g00fy

See: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post20994

Again: CAN SOME ADMIN TAKE A LOOK INTO THIS?
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Please see:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post21099

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote