Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

The present mobile system allows calls to numbers predefined in the phonebook, but not ad hoc calls to other numbers; that's the change I'd most like to see.

Please don't forget that some mobile SIM cards don't make outgoing calls and only use incoming callback themselves - the various global SIMs with free incoming calls in many countries

None of the methods entering a PIN or the destination number either on callthrough or callback will work if DTMF does not - so sometimes it's useful to be able to enter the number in the call trigger system itself - i.e. perhaps a Java applet in the phone, as someone's subsequently put on another thread

Last edited by andy; 12-21-2006 at 01:12 AM.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2006, 11:41 PM   #12
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

It looks like easypabx is closing their FREE service and is making offers to clients for PAID services. There doesn't appear to be any information on what might be on offer post 2006 at this stage.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #13
sunray73

sunray73 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsaini View Post
All there, Just to let you know that this service is available at www.easypabx.com ..(sorry administrator to spoil)
What exactly here is this:
You Dial your free DID number which points to a DISA.
The prerecorded message asks you for a pin.
You dial pin and get the dial tone.
You dial the desired number and the call goes through as per dial plan.
In fact if you combine this with callback then you have advantage of not paying for local call.
You ring the callback number and hang up.
The systems call you back via your VSP (which may be free), and connects you to DISA and then same as above.
Hope this help, and same Idea can be implemented in Voxalot.

(PS: EasyPABX will be closing their FREE service by end of this year)
Regards
ummm... the point of this service is being "Free" so EasyPBX will have to sit in the corner with the other virtual pbx services out there for the time being. Love to see this implemented here though...
sunray73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #14
raj2ras

raj2ras is on a distinguished road

How about just using SMS to active WebCallback?

e.g. SMS to Voxalot
CALL ++1-415-345-6789

and it connects both legs.
raj2ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #15
lulucachoo

lulucachoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj2ras View Post
How about just using SMS to active WebCallback?

e.g. SMS to Voxalot
CALL ++1-415-345-6789

and it connects both legs.
But then you'd have to have mobile numbers or shortcodes for every country. If each user sets up their own DID it'd be much easier for VoXaLot to implement, wouldn't it?
lulucachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #16
raj2ras

raj2ras is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulucachoo View Post
But then you'd have to have mobile numbers or shortcodes for every country. If each user sets up their own DID it'd be much easier for VoXaLot to implement, wouldn't it?
That is true. Own DID is the easiest approach.
raj2ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #17
sunray73

yep... DID would be the way to go. Just think of how much easier it would be traveling abroad. man... I would really love to see this one make it in this service.
Unread 12-31-2006, 05:29 AM   #18
andy

I think I'm missing something about this DID suggestion, as I can't see it being more flexible or cheaper than other possibilities.

If people are talking about their own DID when abroad, do they mean set one up in the roamed country, or call one at home?

As I already said, some carriers do not forward DTMF and some not caller ID, so some people would like to predefine destination number rather than enter it at a gateway.
Unread 01-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #19
sunray73

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think I'm missing something about this DID suggestion, as I can't see it being more flexible or cheaper than other possibilities.

If people are talking about their own DID when abroad, do they mean set one up in the roamed country, or call one at home?

As I already said, some carriers do not forward DTMF and some not caller ID, so some people would like to predefine destination number rather than enter it at a gateway.
Not sure I follow the logic here? If you had dedicated DID(s) for the purpose of accessing your sip rates for international calls (in or outside your country of origin) you can roam around and call whom ever you want, when ever... It doesn't get any better than that. You just need to find free or semi free DID sip providers in your area(or the area in which you'll be in).
Unread 01-03-2007, 04:13 AM   #20
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunray73 View Post
Not sure I follow the logic here? If you had dedicated DID(s) for the purpose of accessing your sip rates for international calls (in or outside your country of origin) you can roam around and call whom ever you want, when ever... It doesn't get any better than that. You just need to find free or semi free DID sip providers in your area(or the area in which you'll be in).
You already can call whomever you want

But like that you'd still pay the outgoing cost to the callthrough number. Or do you mean the DID is a callback trigger, in which case it doesn't matter where it is? Everyone so far seems to talking of it as a callthrough bridge

Callthrough would come into reckoning if you have a lower tariff for an outgoing local call than the incoming cost of callback to the phone you're on.

If it's a landline then that's less likely, and quite often callback is cheaper for mobiles too, and this escape from dependence on local operators' tariffs is probably why callback was invented in the first place.

Last edited by andy; 01-03-2007 at 04:23 AM.