Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-07-2009, 05:09 AM   #11

137383 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
It seems you also use Tomato
1. Assign a static internal IP to your ATA device based on the MAC address
2. Set up port forwarding to the IP address setup above (dig around your ATA to find the RTP ports it uses)
3. Enable UPnP
4. Disable DMZ(I am skeptic about QOS settings on Tomato as well but leave it be for now...)
5. Use stun.xten.com in your ATA's stun settings

I disable QoS.
Thanks a lot, i use Tomato.
1. OK
2. My ata only says me: Local Sip Port: 5060, Locar RTP Start Port 5090. No information about RTP range.
3. OK
4. I don't do this because (2)
5. OK

Quote:
I would replace the ICS-G302 with something from Linksys such as SPA2102 or PAP2.
It's a really good idea. A lot of extrange problems using G302. But i need wait some weeks.
137383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #12
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Is your wrt54gs acting as the WiFi to Ethernet bridge? and it's running Tomato firmware? If you can place the wrt54gs into bridge mode, then connect only your ICS-G302 to the wrt54gs, that should provide a public IP address to the ICS-G302. Connect the DI524 behind the ICS-G302.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Is your wrt54gs acting as the WiFi to Ethernet bridge? and it's running Tomato firmware? If you can place the wrt54gs into bridge mode, then connect only your ICS-G302 to the wrt54gs, that should provide a public IP address to the ICS-G302. Connect the DI524 behind the ICS-G302.
That will only work if his ISP is allowing him to obtain more than 1 public IP address, which in light of the limitations of IPv4 and general lack of public IPs is rarely the case as ISPs tend to give out only one IP per end-costumer. Additional addresses usually would cost him extra.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #14
boatman

Certainly it's possible to have an ATA on a public IP address delivered over WiFi, and have some computers on a LAN behind a NAT router there as well. all using a single public IP address.
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #15

Tomato has restrictions: to connect as wireless bridge you need set encriptation to WPA, but my internet provider only support wep.

I really don't understand the problem, i can't isolate them. If i call always i have bidirecctional audio, but when i receive a call sometimes i only have outbound audio.

why sometimes!? Why a normal call from pstn to my sip provider registered at voxalot sometimes it's ok and sometimes fail the inbound audio.
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #16
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137383 View Post
Thanks a lot, i use Tomato.
1. OK
2. My ata only says me: Local Sip Port: 5060, Locar RTP Start Port 5090. No information about RTP range.
3. OK
4. I don't do this because (2)
5. OK

It's a really good idea. A lot of extrange problems using G302. But i need wait some weeks.

Ok, so RTP starts at 5090, is there a "local RTP END Port" setting?

For now try opening 5090-6000 (both TCP and UDP) and pointing them to your devices internal IP as assigned in (1).

Also open and point 5060 to your devices internal IP as assigned in (1).

Did changing the STUN server help the device identify its external IP adress any better?

Once the above is dealt with, next we need to attempt to identify which incoming calls are causing problems. There is really two (maybe 3 types) you can receive:

-A call from a SipBroker access number (try more than one access number)
-A call directly from your registered number
-A call from a SIP location (enter your voxalot sip uri here SIPBroker - EziDial in the format 123456@voxalot.com, how's the echo test?)

Last edited by emoci; 04-08-2009 at 12:09 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Ok, so RTP starts at 5090, is there a "local RTP END Port" setting?
No, is not.

Quote:
For now try opening 5090-6000 (both TCP and UDP) and pointing them to your devices internal IP as assigned in (1).
Also open and point 5060 to your devices internal IP as assigned in (1).
I have good quality of sound (when i have two ways sound) because i don't know the RTP END port, i left the ATA in the DMZ.

Quote:
Did changing the STUN server help the device identify its external IP adress any better?
Well, the Ata always have the external ip good, i see it in the "status web page", maybe sometimes the ata don't transmit it.

Quote:
1) A call from a SipBroker access number (try more than one access number)
2) A call directly from your registered number
3) A call from a SIP location (enter your voxalot sip uri here SIPBroker - EziDial in the format 123456@voxalot.com, how's the echo test?)
[/quote]
1) Now it's working.
2) Now it's working.
3) Now it's working.

Well i need receive two type of calls,
1) From my did number in Domican Republic, fowarded from mydivert.com to my 123456@voxalot.com
2) From my did number in Chile, provides by tecnoera.com and i have this account configured and registered in voxalot.com

In this two types of calls sometimes i don't have inbound audio when i receive a call. Now is working, but last night don't (whitout any changes).

I feel the problem is the ATA (MTA G302), maybe it fails sometimes to transmit the public ip. A cheap linksys ata only cost U$D 60, i will change the ata.

I hope this decission (buy a linksys) solve the problem.
Unread 04-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #18
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

My only other concern would be your internet provider?
-Any reason/possibility that the internet connection resets quickly and comes back up?
-Any chance that your IP address changes often (normally this rarely happens on cable, and only happens on connection reset with DSL...)

There is one other thing, both DIDs (Chile and Dominican Republic) are in areas where technology maybe limited, in terms of bandwith available to the actual local DID providers (so the guys MyDivert actually buys from for example)...anyways this is just guessing ...

If you're buying a Linksys ATA go with a PAP2 or PAP2T (but not PAP2 V2). Ideally look up an unlocked PAP2 on eBay. At least you'll know there is a lot support and info around on that device...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 04:55 AM   #19

Quote:
My only other concern would be your internet provider?
1) Any reason/possibility that the internet connection resets quickly and comes back up?
2) Any chance that your IP address changes often (normally this rarely happens on cable, and only happens on connection reset with DSL...)
1,2) It's posible, but my ip address don't change in months.

Quote:
There is one other thing, both DIDs (Chile and Dominican Republic) are in areas where technology maybe limited, in terms of bandwith available to the actual local DID providers (so the guys MyDivert actually buys from for example)...anyways this is just guessing ...
Dominican Republic has some bandwith problems, when my number don't work and the sipbroker d.r. access number too (the same provider) i can't receive any calls.
Chile don't have problems, in comunications and bandwith it's like spain (not cheap, not expensive, good bandwith).

Quote:
If you're buying a Linksys ATA go with a PAP2 or PAP2T (but not PAP2 V2). Ideally look up an unlocked PAP2 on eBay. At least you'll know there is a lot support and info around on that device...
Thanks for the recomendation.
Unread 04-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #20
boatman

Can the PAP2 can handle two G729a conversations, one on each line, simultaneously? This may be a necessary capability as the two DIDs mentioned by the OP sometimes have bandwidth issues. The PAP2 is similar to the SPA-2000 which has only enough CPU power for one G729a conversation at a time.

By the way, there is equipment made, such as the Linksys WET11 (an Ethernet to WiFi bridge), that would allow placement of the ICS-G302 VoIP device directly onto the IP address provided by the ISP.