Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 12-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #191
gertitombo

gertitombo is on a distinguished road
Default Outgoing calls working now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertitombo View Post
Unfortunatly it didn't work for me.
I have deleted all the settings. Now all outgoing is working fine now, Thanks guys!

Last edited by gertitombo; 12-05-2007 at 08:16 PM.
gertitombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 04:36 AM   #192
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia support codec, NAT settings, STUN, over VoIP

I found very interesting information on following site, download and use it. This application for Nokia N & E series mobiles which can be used to configure the preferred codec, NAT settings, STUN, VoIP over 3G, etc.

Unlimited VoIP -FonoSIP.com Home and Business Internet Phone Service
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #193
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

does anybody know how to connect to voxalot (or any voip service) while having only 3g receiption? I've edited with the above mentioned tool the settings of my voxalot account to allow voip over wcdma, however if I open the internet telephony app my 3g data connection is not shown.

is it just me beeing stupid and overlocking something obvious or do we have no gui for this?

my phone is a e61i with unbranded firmware (s60 3rd) and the latest update...
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #194
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

i just reset my e61i and entered again the voip settings. if i set my umts access point as default in the voxalot profile it shows up in the internet telephony app!
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #195
hust

hust is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia E51 with Voxalot

Hi.

Does anyone have experience in configuring Nokia E51 with Voxalot SIP server via Wlan for VoIP?

Is it OK?

I am going to buy a Nokia E51.

Thanks.

Last edited by hust; 04-22-2008 at 01:52 PM.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #196
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

This faq entry for the N95 should be very applicable to the E51:
TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a Tiny URL
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #197
jack

jack is on a distinguished road

The Nokia settings in the FAQ did not work for me: every time the registration failed. I tried a couple of things and I got a working configuration when I used a different port than 5060 for the proxy server, for example 2060. The registration server could remain at 5060.

This may have something to do with another hardware SIP phone that I already have on my network. However, I also use soft-phones once in a while and these have no problems working concurrently with the SIP phone. So it must be something particular to the Nokia SIP client.

I have updated the FAQ with this info.

Last edited by jack; 05-03-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Removed STUN change (STUN is a lightweight protocol, one server, not location dependent)
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #198
hkr

hkr is on a distinguished road

It took me quite quite a number of hours and a hell lot of curses and just could not get my E51 to register. Then I decided to use my brain rather than the guides and bingo..!

In my case at least, the proxy server section had to be left empty, i.e. no proxy server to be set there. Without the proxy server set, Voxalot seems to work like charm.

Greetings,

hkr
hkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #199
mjolnir

mjolnir is on a distinguished road

I signed up with Engin for my Nokia E51. They told me that Voxalot was the VoIP mediator for their service, but so far none of the settings or suggestions in here have allowed me to register.

They did send me their "BYO" settings and setting up with this guide* I was able to register using those and make inbound and outbound calls, however I can't call my Dad's or my brother's mobiles - among other mobiles - but I can call some mobiles. Dad's on Telstra GSM and my brother is overseas in Singapore. The fact that I can register suggests to me that my routers (and their firewalls) aren't the issue.

The call quality sucks at my end but others tell me it sounds good at their end, so I was thinking maybe it's a codec thing. Reading on here that those who have connected to voxalot have been pleased with the service has made me want to get it connected to try and isolate the sound issue. I've also installed the Nokia SIP VoIP Settings tool but haven't touched anything in there 'cos I'm out of my depth fiddling with that. Awaiting guidance if need be.

My E51 is using firmware 200.34.36 - original Nokia phone with no external branding (eg, Telstra, Optus, Singtel, etc.)

* Mods please remove this link if it's a problem
mjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #200
Tranworld

Tranworld is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia E51

I don't understand why all the problems with E51 and Voxalot. My E51 worked straight off without any special tricks, just standard input of parameters such as proxy etc...

With my E51 I use ONLY Voxalot and nothing else for VoIP but I do have Fring also installed, both works (and my Fring also uses Voxalot in its setting for SIP calls but I use Fring mainly as a second option for Skype access and IM)

In fact one of the reason for going back to the E51 (having an HTC Touch phone, Windows Mobile 6 before) was the VoIP stack which I used in the previous E61i successfully.

Although I did not install "fancy" system like Truphone.
Tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote