Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road
Default Request for a new voxalot upgrade function

Hi Martin

Could it be possible to dial with voxalot true one registered provider ?

Right now you can recive calls with registered provider and you can call forward the registered provider forward to a cellphone.

What i was thinking of was say Voxalot made a new function somethink like call forward but instead of going specific to only one destination the Voxalot system recived the incomming call and the call goes to Voxalot security system asking for pin/password (4 digit) and then a tape says please enter the phone number and the voxalot system uses then the smartcall dialplan function. With this new function people can use voxalot with regular phone or cellphone instead of only using ipphone/voipphone.

regards from shezad

Last edited by shezad; 09-01-2007 at 08:13 PM.
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

VoXRoam is coming up soon, hopefully...

If you are willing to do some work, you can set it up yourself for now:

Placing VoIP Calls from any Old Regular PSTN Phone
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
shezad

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
VoXRoam is coming up soon, hopefully...

If you are willing to do some work, you can set it up yourself for now:

Placing VoIP Calls from any Old Regular PSTN Phone
Thanks, i will have a look and try it out
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:22 AM   #4
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road

I tried, it work with charm. Even Nokia E61 was able to register and made call via Extension 100. Only one thing is not possible to use voxalot Speed Dial

Last edited by richard99; 09-03-2007 at 05:29 AM.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard99 View Post
I tried, it work with charm. Even Nokia E61 was able to register and made call via Extension 100. Only one thing is not possible to use voxalot Speed Dial
Try these 2/3 things:

1. Register your Nokia E61 directly with the VoXalot account where you have speed dial set up (not with PBXes), it should work better (you know user, pass, us.voxalot.com)

2. Add VoXalot (the account where you have speed dials setup) as the outgoing trunk on PBXes (just outbound calls, don't actually register it on PBXes)

3. The Problem with Speed Dial is that you gotta dial **xxx, PBXes considers * as if you want to start dialing fresh ( so set up a dial plan line like this eg. 88|**+X.) so when dialing speed dial, if you use that example, instead of **300 you would dial 88300
(you don't have to use 88, or even two digits, but pick something to put before the vertical line that will tell the system to replace it with **, so this 9|**+X. would work too, so for **300 you would dial 9300)

Last edited by emoci; 09-03-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Unread 09-04-2007, 03:35 AM   #6
richard99

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Try these 2/3 things:

3. The Problem with Speed Dial is that you gotta dial **xxx, PBXes considers * as if you want to start dialing fresh ( so set up a dial plan line like this eg. 88|**+X.) so when dialing speed dial, if you use that example, instead of **300 you would dial 88300
(you don't have to use 88, or even two digits, but pick something to put before the vertical line that will tell the system to replace it with **, so this 9|**+X. would work too, so for **300 you would dial 9300)
This work fine, if connected by Sipbroker PSTN number.

Using Mobile to register with extension, it does not work, but any number can be dialed out. By the way does Pbxes has its own speed dial feature?
Unread 09-04-2007, 05:02 AM   #7
emoci

Quote:
This work fine, if connected by Sipbroker PSTN number.

Using Mobile to register with extension, it does not work, but any number can be dialed out. By the way does Pbxes has its own speed dial feature?
Why woudn't you register your phone with VoXalot directly, instead of a PBXes extension?

I don't think PBXes has a speed dial perse, but between SIP extensions and Classic extension you could create Speed Dials
Unread 09-04-2007, 05:22 AM   #8
richard99

Most of the time where Wifi is available I use Phone to register Voxalot. But in some hotel or place there is where Wifi is not available then no choice except to use PSTN services, so where Pbxes services is come in use (callthrough), I think voxalot is going to offer in the form of Voxroam , correct me if I am wrong.

The other issue, still with Martin, to provide port 443 for the places where all ports are closed. Surprisingly in some place you can not register even at port 80 (Pbxes work on port 80).

So the only way Voxlaot to open port 443, at least for test. whether works or not.
Unread 09-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #9
emoci

Quote:
Most of the time where Wifi is available I use Phone to register Voxalot. But in some hotel or place there is where Wifi is not available then no choice except to use PSTN services, so where Pbxes services is come in use (callthrough), I think voxalot is going to offer in the form of Voxroam , correct me if I am wrong.

The other issue, still with Martin, to provide port 443 for the places where all ports are closed. Surprisingly in some place you can not register even at port 80 (Pbxes work on port 80).

So the only way Voxlaot to open port 443, at least for test. whether works or not.
I see what you are trying to do....

PBXes works on 5060, 5061, 80....

That suggestion I made (fixing the dialing plan to avoid entering ** should work from an extension). To troubleshoot check under Call Monitor and see what's actually getting through and to which trunk
Unread 09-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
shezad

Well i tried it now, but i could not make it working.

I made a new voxalot account and a new pbxes account.

In pbxes account i went to siptrunk wrote down the new voxalot account information afterwards went to incomming rute and added a new sip trunk again this time with voipdiscount (Betamax product) and outbound route i typed x.

when i use sipbroke access number and dial the voxalot number i just get busy tone.

Can someone explain this one more time how it works with just voxalot and voipbuster or voipdiscount product registered.