Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #11
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

Actually, I've still got a problem Martin. Incoming calls to my Voxalot number terminate fine. However, if I use Web call back, with my Voxalot number as the terminating leg, it is going straight to voicemail.

Any ideas? Thanks.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #12
fozzie

fozzie is on a distinguished road

I've just found what the problem was so thought I'd post in case anyone has any similar problems.

I've got a BudgeTone HT-488 ATA (registered to Voxalot), connected to my NTL PSTN line as well the router connection. My analogue phone is a DBtel DB3 DECT phone.

All outgoing calls were working fine; both PSTN and VoIP. Incoming PSTN calls worked fine. Incoming VoIP calls from PSTN via SipBroker PSTN access number worked fine. However, incoming VoIP calls initiated by Voxalot Web Callback, either directly from Voxalot or via SipBroker (*010....) weren't causing the DECT phone to ring. It was however, causing the ATA indicator to flash, indicating an incoming call. Nothing was being shown on the phone's display until a key was pressed; it was only then that I noticed the words "Call Bar" on the display.

After digging out the manual, I found that the phone supports the barring of up to five numbers. Currently the five entries on the phone are blank. I did another test call from PSTN via SipBroker except this time, witholding my CLI. This time, the phone didn't ring; it behaved exactly the same as the incoming Voxalot initiated call.

I changed the blank entries on the phone to some dummy numbers, retried the Voxalot initiated calls (as well as CLI witheld PSTN via SipBroker call) and everything now worked fine

I'm guessing that their must be a 'bug' with the DB3 that if a number is witheld/unavailable, it doesn't ring if any of the 5 entries for barred callers is left blank. I've never come across the problem before, because NTL don't have a Caller ID service in this area.

Anyway, that's a load of my chest! Normal service has been resumed. I'm really liking the Voxalot service, especially now I can phone South Africa for less than 1p/min and more to the point, using Web Callback, they can get the same rate back to me

Just now looking for the cherry on the cake; routing of one my SIP providers DID numbers to my Voxalot registered ATA, or even Voxalot providing a UK DID number

Keep up the great work guys.
fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote