Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg is on a distinguished road
Default New Betamax offering??

Just spotted
12Voip.com

Is it SIP compatible?
serendipitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

I sent them an email to ask. Like the free Brazil calls but wonder how long it will last...
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
ygeffens

ygeffens is on a distinguished road

sip.sipdiscount.com
or
sip.justvoip.com

these addresses resolve

sip.12voip.com does not resolve, so I assume it's not compatible...
ygeffens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Hi,
so you say that you can make sip calls with sip.jusvoip.com? If you confirm that, this is great news... Please confirm...
Thanx
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
wilsonhlacerda

wilsonhlacerda is on a distinguished road

No.

12voip is not SIP compliant. Neither Justvoip (although you can register to it).

And to call free with 12voip you have to add the other party as one of your contact. So...no way till now to use ATA/Voxalot.

To the majority of the countries landlines voipbusterpro is still the best option with SIP compliance. But check also other betamax/thirdpaties.
wilsonhlacerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
ygeffens

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by foneboxx View Post
Hi,
so you say that you can make sip calls with sip.jusvoip.com? If you confirm that, this is great news... Please confirm...
Thanx

Sure, forward the DID you get from your provider to account@sip.justvoip.com. Enter the settingsmenu online, and set callforwarding to a number you want.

That way I call my IoM-number at 5ct/min :-)
Unread 06-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #7

236267 is on a distinguished road
Default Other Betamax problems

Don't be fooled by the VoipbusterPro offer of a year's free calling for only 10euros.
Unfortunately I missed the small print that announced the cost for each call at 3.9 eurocents. The initial sign-up fee of 10euros does include 5euros credit, but what happens when this runs out? Does the 10 euros subscription kick in?
No, unfortunately you then have to add further credit at a minimum of 10euros again. Well so did that 5euros last anything like a year? Guess what, even in a low useage situation it ran for about 6 weeks. So, do the maths and see how cheap that works out to be.
Justvoip poses another problem, out of the 10 or so (its hard to keep track) different companies in the Betamax group, it was the only one that did not support SIP devices connecting ....however if you have paid by credit card, and act quickly, you may be able to have the transaction cancelled. Not sure yet what will be the catch with the new one mentioned above!
236267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygeffens View Post
Sure, forward the DID you get from your provider to account@sip.justvoip.com. Enter the settingsmenu online, and set callforwarding to a number you want.
I set call forwarding in JustVoip and I set Voxalot to forward my calls to sip:username@sip.justvoip.com. Why doesn't this work? My DID provider does not have uri forwarding, so can't use that.
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 236267 View Post
Don't be fooled by the VoipbusterPro offer of a year's free calling for only 10euros.
Unfortunately I missed the small print that announced the cost for each call at 3.9 eurocents. The initial sign-up fee of 10euros does include 5euros credit, but what happens when this runs out? Does the 10 euros subscription kick in?
No, unfortunately you then have to add further credit at a minimum of 10euros again. Well so did that 5euros last anything like a year? Guess what, even in a low useage situation it ran for about 6 weeks. So, do the maths and see how cheap that works out to be.
Justvoip poses another problem, out of the 10 or so (its hard to keep track) different companies in the Betamax group, it was the only one that did not support SIP devices connecting ....however if you have paid by credit card, and act quickly, you may be able to have the transaction cancelled. Not sure yet what will be the catch with the new one mentioned above!
Sorry but this is typically the kind of post i hate to read
I do not understand people complaining for everything and everything.Before signin' Up, why don't you just READ?! Stop saying that voip companies or BETAMAX is fooling people when things are clearly stated on their websites!
Damned, what a world!

That said, let's get back to voxalot..
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
ygeffens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
I set call forwarding in JustVoip and I set Voxalot to forward my calls to sip:username@sip.justvoip.com. Why doesn't this work? My DID provider does not have uri forwarding, so can't use that.
Sorry it's not working for you.
For this particular thing I'm using pbxes.org (sorry Martin). I even haven't tried it with Voxalot.
But I don't see why it wouldn't work.
In pbxes.org I changed
SIP/mypbxesaccountname-100
to
SIP/myjustvoipaccountname@sip.justvoip.com

Now I dial 100, 'et voila'...

I'll try to set it up with Voxalot, and comment here, when I get the results.