Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road
Default TringMe and Voxalot

Is`anyone having problems with TringMe with Voxalot specified for both widget and Tringphone ?

This was working fine for me up until a couple of weeks ago, but now any Tring calls from my website either don't connect or go straight to a very garbled Voxalot email.

Checking my Voxlalot call records the calls are being received but the leading digit of my Voxalot account is missing i.e Vox Acct ID 123456 shows 23456 - Call failed.

I have created a brand new TringMe account but I get the same response from Voxalot.

Any ideas anyone ? ( Mailed TringMe, no response )

Best regards

Grahame
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Grahame

Configured my TringMe accounts to my account at MySipswitch and calls are received.

I'm quite prepared to accept this is a TringMe issue but at least could someone at Voxalot explain why calls to Voxalot from TringMe drop the 1st digit of my Voxalot number and go straight to garbled Voicemail.

Best regards

Grahame
Unread 07-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
Configured my TringMe accounts to my account at MySipswitch and calls are received.

I'm quite prepared to accept this is a TringMe issue but at least could someone at Voxalot explain why calls to Voxalot from TringMe drop the 1st digit of my Voxalot number and go straight to garbled Voicemail.

Best regards

Grahame
Don't know if TringMe is a commercial/betamax provider, but Voxalot does have deal with at least the betamax providers, and MySipSwitch doesn't, so check your (money) account status if needed....
MySipSwitch has a quiet unique feature in that you can use Ruby (language) in your dialplan, no other provider offers this so far, and MSS is also a completely free service, and MSS is compatible with all modem/router hardware, Voxalot is slightly picky, i experienced myself...
Your problem lies not in your dialplan ? (the dialplan in your ip-phone/ATA should have no influence on the one you got at Voxalot)

btw your in/out band DTMF settings are correct ?
Otherwise register you Voxalot account in PhonerLite,(softphone) and look in the logs what happens.

Last edited by TheFug; 07-09-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Grahame

Hi The Fug, thanks for your thoughts.

My question to Voxalot remains the same - Why are calls from TringMe not being passed properly/being mangled by Voicemail ?

TringMe to MySipswitch works, Flashphone to both MySipswitch and Voxalot works, TringMe to Voxalot does not work.

If Voxalot does not support TringMe ( which it did 2/3 weeks ago ) please say so and I will look to make other arrangements.

Best regards

Grahame
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

It's an odd issue....there was another user that originally had a problem, but it was working the next day http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...-settings.html

(It's almost as if it is taking time to provision properly)

I know that at the moment TringPhone is working fine with VoXalot for me (see Free VoIP Calls )
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
Grahame

Hi emoci,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I've seen the other posts, but I don't think this is a settings or provisioning issue. I've been reloading and testing over several days but the result is the same.

There is clear evidence in my Voxalot Call records as to what's happening. Again I would ask Voxalot to have a look at this and advise whether the problem is TringMe or Voxalot.

Best regards

Grahame
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
Hi emoci,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I've seen the other posts, but I don't think this is a settings or provisioning issue. I've been reloading and testing over several days but the result is the same.

There is clear evidence in my Voxalot Call records as to what's happening. Again I would ask Voxalot to have a look at this and advise whether the problem is TringMe or Voxalot.

Best regards

Grahame

Are you using the US or the EU server (try the us server, and see if it makes a difference...I am really just saying that because it is the only difference I can think of between your setup and mine)

As I said TringPhone and the TringMe Call buttons are currently working fine with VoXalot on my end...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Grahame

Hi emoci,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Tried the Voxalot us server in TringMe, problem still the same. I mentioned in my first post I had created another TringMe account which gave exactly the same problems with Voxalot.

I have now configured this "new" account to MySipswitch and everything works fine. I have a production web site so I can not spend any more time trying to work out why my Voxalot account will not work with TringMe.

Perhaps the first TringMe account has been corrupted, perhaps TringMe's technology is not totally compatible with Voxalot etc etc, I don't know.

TringMe is a free, beta service. I'm not surprised it may have issues and support is non existent.

I'm grateful for your help with this post and others emoci, so this is not aimed at you or the other moderators/users who have helped me in the past.

However, I pay for a Premium account with Voxalot, not free, not beta and I would have hoped that at least someone in Support at Voxalot would have responded if only to say " checked it out, not us ".

Voxalot, you can not continue to depend on the hope that dedicated moderators and users will absolve you of providing some level of direct support to paying subscribers to your service.

Best regards

Grahame
Unread 07-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

Grahame, do you know of any "upgrades" your ADSL provider has given ?
I suspect with some errors, which Voxalot is having, could be even on this level,
and this can't be corrected by settings on the hardware, at users endpoint(s)
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
Grahame

Hi The Fug,

I have upgraded my whole system over the last few weeks including moving to a "business grade" ISP ( ADSL 2+, annex M, PPPoA ). Absolutely rock solid in every respect.

I have also changed from an ATA behind an ISP supplied NAT router to a VoIP router with all the VoIP on the WAN side of router ( Billion 7404VGP ). Again, I'm very pleased with the performance and management of this product. No problems at all.

Interestingly, I have had a problem with a VoIP provider over the last couple of days, who until now has always worked well. Without boring people to death, the fix has been to de-register the Provider with Voxalot, register the Provider to MySipswitch and everything now works fine.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have a production web site with VoIP supporting my business ( currently busiest time of year ) so I don't have the time to keep breaking Voxalot apart to try and fix issues. I currently have Voxalot virtually disabled and all traffic is going through MySipswtich and the VoIP Gateway on the 7404.

I will put some time aside for investigation over the next few weeks purely because my Voxalot renewal is due at the end of July. I have always appreciated the help and advice from moderators and users on this forum, but unless some direct support becomes available from Voxalot for their paid services, I feel I shall have to find an alternative solution.

Best regards

Grahame