Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 04-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
2600lancer

2600lancer is on a distinguished road
Default Faktortel won't register as VSP for incomming

Hi, I have added Faktortel as a VSP and selected yes to register, but it just hangs on "Request sent" for days.

I have deleted vsp and re entered details.
Dials out ok
Dial in on Faktortel DID goes straight to faktortel voicemail.

I would greatly appreciate some help with this as faktortel were the only voip provider in sydney i could find that would port my old sydney landline phone number. (they also don't forward calls to other sip providers, maybe thay also don't allow other sips to register...)

Regards
Glen
2600lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
wildbill

wildbill is on a distinguished road

"don't allow other sips to register"

SIPBroker - Provider White Pages

A quick check at Sipbroker shows Faktortel do not allow inbound calls - i.e. blocked - Bill

By the way did you check out Maxotel - they do porting and though they are not on the Sipbroker list I believe they allow incoming calls.
You should check the whirlpool.net.au forums

Last edited by wildbill; 04-15-2010 at 09:37 PM.
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
bbjayo

bbjayo is on a distinguished road

SO does this mean that Voxalot can't be used with Faktortel if incoming calls on a did are required?

There's no way to configure an ATA (SPA-3102 for eg.) to use voxalot for outgoing calls and faktortel for incoming?

bb
bbjayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
wildbill

wildbill is on a distinguished road

"There's no way to configure an ATA (SPA-3102 for eg.)"

You could try registering Faktortel so it rings on incoming F/Tcalls and use the gateways and appropriate dial plan to route outgoing via Voxalot - Bill

Last edited by wildbill; 04-16-2010 at 12:06 AM.
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 04:05 AM   #5
bbjayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
You could try registering Faktortel so it rings on incoming F/Tcalls and use the gateways and appropriate dial plan to route outgoing via Voxalot - Bill
Ahh. I think I'm with you (Sorry - working with about a week's VOIP experience )

So, setup the ATA with Faktortel settings but edit the dial plan so that numbers dialled route through voxalot? eg. Setup a gateway with voxalot account details and then use <:@gw1> in the dial plan?

I've read that you can't use xx. with S0 would something like [0-9]. work if you wanted to send everything dialed to voxalot?

so many questions

bb

Last edited by bbjayo; 04-16-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Unread 04-17-2010, 03:22 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjayo View Post
Ahh. I think I'm with you (Sorry - working with about a week's VOIP experience )

So, setup the ATA with Faktortel settings but edit the dial plan so that numbers dialled route through voxalot? eg. Setup a gateway with voxalot account details and then use <:@gw1> in the dial plan?

I've read that you can't use xx. with S0 would something like [0-9]. work if you wanted to send everything dialed to voxalot?

so many questions

bb
Simply setup a normal dial plan.... add <:@gw1> behind all strings for numbers that you want to go over VoXalot (assuming you setup VoXalot as GW1).

For example (I've taken my PAP2 dial plan and simply applied @gw1 to it...):
(883x.<:@gw1>|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0<:@gw1>|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0<:@gw1>|011xx.|*xx|[*#x][*x].<:@gw1>)

All calls with 883x, 10 digit or 11 digit dialing, all other calls with * or # except *xx would go over VoXalot...

International calls(011xx.) would go over the main provider, in our example Faktortel, so would *xx calls which would serve to activate/de-activate ATA features...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
bbjayo

Perfect - Thanks.

Another little tip for anyone trying this. When setting up voxalot as the gateway 1 provider, make sure sure you use xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com (I'm using au but it took me a while to work out that I had to the account number when adding the provider name.

Cheers

bb